PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu lock-up

dvlchd3
August 21st, 2008, 04:47 AM
I just recently reinstalled ubuntu onto my HP laptop. All updates have been downloaded and applied and just a few applications added. However, I have a ntfs partition from a former Windows partition that I have been copying files off of onto my Ubuntu partition. It is about 80GB of data. Twice I have started the copy, and both times the copy has hung up the entire system. No key sequences I am aware of let me do anything. I can't even use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to try to get to a text session. All that my laptop does is annoyingly flash my Caps Lock light on and off. Is this a problem for anyone else? Is there a potential fix, or is this potentially a bug with Hardy Heron?

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone has. I believe strongly that Linux is the type of operating system that is stable enough to rarely crash, and is the type of operating system that does not require a system restart for any little system change. This is why I am so fond of the operating system, however, this little glitch is kind of annonying and I am unsure of the cause and solution.

Vadi
August 22nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Report this as a bug, since it is one - you might get some more info on how to diagnose this issue.

dvlchd3
August 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
Bug 260559