PDA

View Full Version : PHP: Organizing Posts by Date

secondstage
August 20th, 2008, 11:55 PM
There two separate .txt files containing posts for a blog. They are created using PHP, and HTML forms, and have a date for each post. I want to have them combined into one for the anything-and-everything section of a blog. Is this possible with PHP, or would there be a better/simpler way of organizing posts and retrieving them?

-grubby
August 21st, 2008, 12:22 AM
This would be much simpler if you used SQL. SQL is meant for databases, text files are not

secondstage
August 21st, 2008, 12:35 AM
How would I go about doing that? I've tried to look around and find a simple database manager, and come in contact with alot of fill in the blank boxes.

-grubby
August 21st, 2008, 12:38 AM
How would I go about doing that? I've tried to look around and find a simple database manager, and come in contact with alot of fill in the blank boxes.

Doesn't have php have builtin MySQL functions?

secondstage
August 21st, 2008, 01:14 AM
It does. I just don't now how to create a database, add a table, etc. I have install phpmyadmin, and can access it, but have no clue how to use it.

-grubby
August 21st, 2008, 03:12 AM
It does. I just don't now how to create a database, add a table, etc. I have install phpmyadmin, and can access it, but have no clue how to use it.

http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_mysql_intro.asp