PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uninstall ubuntu

masoodahmadawan
August 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
i have ubuntu runing on my laptop i would like uninstall and wnated to install XP.

Mhurst1
August 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Just reformat and install. Have fun running a ****** OS :D

tuxxy
August 20th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Hey atleast he isnt installing vista :lolflag:

masoodahmadawan
August 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM
trying to install XP but it statr gettting stuck on loading windows files some time it get stuck on os image loading

ajgreeny
August 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Perhaps try deleting whatever partitions are on the disk at the moment with Partition Editor on the Ubuntu Live CD, then making a ntfs partition in the space unallocated by the deletion. Then try installing XP again. For some reason the presence of ext3 partitions seems to bamboozle XP installations, apparently.

masoodahmadawan
August 20th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Perhaps try deleting whatever partitions are on the disk at the moment with Partition Editor on the Ubuntu Live CD, then making a ntfs partition in the space unallocated by the deletion. Then try installing XP again. For some reason the presence of ext3 partitions seems to bamboozle XP installations, apparently.

can u do me favour write me command to deleting the partation and changing into NTFS

ajgreeny
August 20th, 2008, 08:34 PM
As I said, run Partition Editor from the live CD and you will see the partitions on your hard disk. Click in each one and then "Delete". Now click in the space showing as unallocated and click "New" Now right click in the new partition and Format as ntfs. It's not difficult.

masoodahmadawan
August 20th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I deleted the partation but it is not giving any option related to NTFS partation

masoodahmadawan
August 21st, 2008, 12:24 AM
As you told to change file system to NTFS no option apear for NTFS.
My Laptop is Dell Latitude d400 using external Cd rom (ASUS). I change the (FAT16)file system from ubuntu Cd and trying to reinstall the XP but again it got stuck on windows setup (setup is loading files (windows executive))