View Full Version : [ubuntu] divx movies online issues

August 20th, 2008, 06:47 PM
im having trouble playing divx movies on the internet like stage6... the video plays up to only a fraction of the movie and completely just stops it doesnt buffer or anything it just cuts off and when i press play it starts over. How do i fix this?

August 21st, 2008, 12:24 AM
same problem here more or less. My internet connection isnt that great so usually when i watch divx webplayer movies I pause it for a bit in the beginning so it can buffer and isnt rebuffering every 5 seconds.

problem is soon enough it stops completely and says an error like "cannot locate source" or "source not found" or something like that and it starts all over.

basically as of right now if I want to stream a divx movie I have to reboot to windows.

August 21st, 2008, 03:22 AM
also my sound cuts off before the video....

August 21st, 2008, 07:31 PM

September 8th, 2008, 02:51 AM
streamed divx movie plays very very slow on my totem under Hardy, it plays ok on xp. please any help on how to fix this?

September 8th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Have you installed the Ubuntu-restricted-extras. They are available in the repositories, you can find by searching in Synaptic package manager.

September 8th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I should have tried restarting first before posting here, it work fine after i reboot. tnx anyway

October 1st, 2008, 05:10 AM
i already install Ubuntu restricted extras and tried to restart, but same problem, it just plays little bit, and then just stopped..

and when movies started, some time it plays like powerpoint side show, i don't want to do..

help will be appericiated...

October 20th, 2008, 02:02 AM