PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Why is Hotmail blocking my Gmail messages?

snowpine
August 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
For the past 24 hours, any messages I send from my gmail address to hotmail users are hit or miss... sometimes they go through, but more likely, they are delayed for hours or lost in cyberspace. I have tested this with several different friends who use hotmail. Has this ever happened to anyone else??? Am I paranoid, or is this really fishy?

sydbat
August 21st, 2008, 02:00 AM
I remember once, when I was in school about 8 years ago, someone sitting next to me in a computer lab wanted to send me a file, thinking it would be quicker than floppy transfer. They used Hotmail and I was on Yahoo. Long story made very short, we finally did the floppy thing because I never got the email...until one day 6 years later...

So, in my experience, Hotmail does this sometimes. That's my best guess.

Dr Small
August 21st, 2008, 02:03 AM
Hotmail needs better servers, perhaps?

snowpine
August 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks guys, I guess I just needed to vent. The messages to my friends all eventually went through, 24 hours late, so I'm marking this solved. :)

I am still not convinced this is a random server screw-up, since I have an alternate gmail address, and those messages went through fine. I will continue to believe that MS is deliberately targeting me because I am an Ubuntu advocate! ;)