PDA

View Full Version : finallyfast.com commercial

egwest
August 20th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Anyone catch that commercial on TV for finallyfast.com?

I was thinking we need a commercial similar to that, but instead of telling them to go get software to fix their windows woes, it should tell them to go download linux and solve all their windows based problems.

linuxguymarshall
August 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I want to download something like that and run it in Wine and see what happens. and am I the only one that noticed that the URL is different every time that shows. Same thing with the crazy fox commercial.

linuxguymarshall
August 20th, 2008, 04:21 PM
WOW!

I just went onto finally fast .com and I saw a Microsoft Certified Partner logo. Finally. M$ is admitting loss. Now they need to admit the bad kernel

sydbat
August 20th, 2008, 04:24 PM
:lolflag:

egwest
August 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I want to download something like that and run it in Wine and see what happens. and am I the only one that noticed that the URL is different every time that shows. Same thing with the crazy fox commercial.

I really had not noticed, generally I tune out any commercials for windows programs when it comes on. The only reason this one caught my attention was because the kid at the start looked like he was going to trash his computer. Plus I was really, really hoping they would say:

'Is your windows computer getting you down? Having trouble with virus, malware and your registry? Well have we got the solution for you! Get Linux!'

Of course it was a pipe dream, but hey, you gotta have hope!

xouns
August 20th, 2008, 04:32 PM
But does it work?

Dremora
August 20th, 2008, 04:32 PM
You mean this ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHvkSredCEo

egwest
August 20th, 2008, 04:36 PM
You mean this ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHvkSredCEo

That's the one, with out all the extra video enhancements of course!

egwest
August 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
But does it work?

No idea if it works. I dual boot on my other computer, but I do not put unknown programs on my windows partition. I have a couple of pieces of hardware that I have to use windows with right now, as they do not, at this time, have a Linux software version to sync up with. If that ever changes in the future, then I will drop windows completely.

Dremora
August 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM
“The company’s CEO is 25-year-old Adam Schran, who told me that Ascentive’s first two software programs, webROCKET and winROCKET, were developed by his brother Andrew, 14, who began writing the code when he was 11.

Andrew is “now serving in an advisory role,” Schran said. “We have software developers on staff and they have engineered all of our other house-developed software (BeAware, ActiveTime, ActivePrivacy, RAMrocket).”

http://www.ecommerce-guide.com/news/trends/article.php/884011

:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:

Dremora
August 20th, 2008, 04:46 PM
No idea if it works. I dual boot on my other computer, but I do not put unknown programs on my windows partition. I have a couple of pieces of hardware that I have to use windows with right now, as they do not, at this time, have a Linux software version to sync up with. If that ever changes in the future, then I will drop windows completely.

Of course it doesn't work, use ccleaner or something, it's freeware and does more than this crap will.

If you want a faster computer, get faster hardware.

egwest
August 20th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Of course it doesn't work, use ccleaner or something, it's freeware and does more than this crap will.

If you want a faster computer, get faster hardware.

And...if you want your computer to run faster, use Linux.

xouns
August 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I like my computer nice and clean!

*Runs to the kitchen to get a sponge and some soap*

Ah! Nice and cle#$^&*()%&*

<connection lost>

Dremora
August 20th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I like my computer nice and clean!

*Runs to the kitchen to get a sponge and some soap*

Ah! Nice and cle#$^&*()%&*

<connection lost>

It's fast, finally!

Finally fast!!!

JillSwift
August 20th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Heh. I booted a VM XP install I've not used in ages to see what this finallyfast was all about. During install of the "free system scan" AVAST! had a hissy, spotting "Win32:Trojan-gen". Perhaps a false positive, but funny never-the-less.

linuxguymarshall
August 20th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I ran this in wine and nothing but errors.

JT9161
August 21st, 2008, 03:07 AM
Heh. I booted a VM XP install I've not used in ages to see what this finallyfast was all about. During install of the "free system scan" AVAST! had a hissy, spotting "Win32:Trojan-gen". Perhaps a false positive, but funny never-the-less.

I did a Virus Total scan of there web speeder-upper and it came out rather clean

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/76c7cdb7ee48a22d40e8b5b8ebdd776d

Though I still wouldn't waste time on it.

MethodOne
August 21st, 2008, 03:20 AM
Here's the two-minute version of the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atd8dowrbNI

I found some interesting stuff throughout the video:
0:10 - Blue screen on Mac laptop (MacBook or iBook?) running Windows XP gets a BSoD when refreshing Web mail.
0:12 - Teen complains about lag when he is playing a shoot-'em-up that most likely doesn't use the Internet connection, unless he is using the netplay feature of an emulator.
0:29 - Firefox error message appears in Internet Explorer.
0:32 - Fake loading box goes slow
0:42 - Fake loading box goes fast and disclaimer mentioning required paid activation appears.
0:51 - Before and after comparison of Internet Explorer downloads appears.
1:33 - Woman on Mac laptop says she is going to send the address to one of her friends in an e-mail, but she says it over the phone.

linuxguymarshall
August 21st, 2008, 03:38 AM
Here's the two-minute version of the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atd8dowrbNI

I found some interesting stuff throughout the video:
0:10 - Blue screen on Mac laptop (MacBook or iBook?) running Windows XP gets a BSoD when refreshing Web mail.
0:12 - Teen complains about lag when he is playing a shoot-'em-up that most likely doesn't use the Internet connection, unless he is using the netplay feature of an emulator.
0:29 - Firefox error message appears in Internet Explorer.
0:32 - Fake loading box goes slow
0:42 - Fake loading box goes fast and disclaimer mentioning required paid activation appears.
0:51 - Before and after comparison of Internet Explorer downloads appears.
1:33 - Woman on Mac laptop says she is going to send the address to one of her friends in an e-mail, but she says it over the phone.

lol. You are right. You would think that if they are so cheap to use gmail.com as a template for mail you should not buy this

AjBaz100
August 21st, 2008, 03:44 AM
:guitar:

Newuser1111
August 21st, 2008, 04:11 AM
It's malware (To Windows),

From YouTube comments,

I work in the tech field and have seen several client's computers with this on it. It is SO full of mal-ware that it isnt even funny. This crap will do more harm that good! PLEASE let people you know about it before they make the same mistake my clients did.

False Advertisement promoting malware.

McAfee SiteAdvisor filled me in on your so called good site. Others need to read about the site before getting into it.
Here is just 1 post out of 19
STAY AWAY!!! I had to format and reinstall windows because of these jerkoffs. There needs to be a lawsuit filed for false advertising

TravisNewman
August 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Every time I see that commercial I just want to choke the kid saying "Hey, it's fast! Finally! Finallyfast.com!!!!!one"

Dremora
August 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM
I think the commercial was simply meant to be a viral annoyance.

wolfen69
August 21st, 2008, 09:55 PM

easy solution. if you have the money, replace those parts.

i had a lexmark printer that i was running in virtualbox (xp). i had enough of that silliness and just bought an HP. very easy.

SunnyRabbiera
August 21st, 2008, 10:06 PM
The commercial cracks me up as the one guy HAS A MAC!
Amnd the screens shown are MOCKUPS :D