PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] The Forum should have a different font color for solved threads .....

Diggs808
August 19th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I dont know if this has been posted or suggested or not, however I had an idea today while surfing through the forum. Right now, when a problem is solved, the OP (or a moderator I assume) can mark the thread solved. For those of us quickly looking through the threads I think that it would be helpful if the Font color was changed to something like a dark blue color. Please see my examples below:

[ubuntu] [SOLVED] How much RAM does 8.4

I don't think that there is much need for doing this for other kinds of threads, just the solved ones so that someone can look through and quickly distingusih between the solved problems and the unsolved issues.

I haven't posted this on brainstorm since it doesn't seem to quite meet the level of what I consider to be a good brainstorm idea (ie: Ubuntu itself...not the forums).

Feedback??

kitili
August 20th, 2008, 04:06 AM
good idea, athough they dont allwase get marked solved in the first place :P

billgoldberg
August 21st, 2008, 12:34 PM
the

[SOLVED] prefix is pretty clear to me in a quick glance.

However, it's still a good idea.

--

I don't know if mods can mark threads as solved, they sure don't do it a lot if they can.

LaRoza
August 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
I don't know if mods can mark threads as solved, they sure don't do it a lot if they can.

We can, but it is up to the OP to mark it solved, although mods sometimes will mark threads as solved if they are asked.

Joeb454
August 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
We can :)

I do it sometimes if I see it's clearly solved - I then post telling the OP how they can do it too in future.