PDA

View Full Version : I dislike the Swedish Ubuntu forum admins

FoamRocket
August 19th, 2008, 07:35 PM
With nearly 10.000 members on the Swedish Ubuntu forum one would except a competent administration, but they're not. It's amazing they've managed to run the forum this long.

I'm not saying it's all bad, but I think all of the admins should be replaced with people that doesn't feel they have to ask the forum members about permission about everything they do. Right now the biggest question is, should we allow animated avatars? There's even a poll about it. How hard can it be to decide something like that? Isn't there more important things?

And this ex admin who keeps coming back, why is he allowed to do that? He's already started millions of threads that goes like "Now I'm leaving this forum, bye." And deleted several of his accounts. Then created new ones. He's even blogged about Ubuntu and told people how much he disliked the Swedish Ubuntu forum and such. I think he keeps coming back for the intrigues, which he glady participates in, and there's a lot of them it seems.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that the main focus of the forum is Ubuntu.

Intelligent people with much knowledge of Ubuntu is being banned because of their strong opinions and because the admins doesn't know how to handle them any other way. And that is especially hard to watch. Right now there's also a thread where someone (actually, the ex admin) asked why this particular member was banned, and they're discussing whetever or not they should be allowed to know why he was banned etc.

I understand this might be the Ubuntu way of doing things, but I just find it irritating.

gn2
August 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Your English is so good I doubt you'll ever need the Swedish Ubuntu Forum.....?

FoamRocket
August 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Your English is so good I doubt you'll ever need the Swedish Ubuntu Forum.....?

I guess not, :) but what about all the other people?

Riffer
August 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM
With nearly 10.000 members on the Swedish Ubuntu forum one would except a competent administration, but they're not. It's amazing they've managed to run the forum this long.

I'm not saying it's all bad, but I think all of the admins should be replaced with people that doesn't feel they have to ask the forum members about permission about everything they do. Right now the biggest question is, should we allow animated avatars? There's even a poll about it. How hard can it be to decide something like that? Isn't there more important things?

And this ex admin who keeps coming back, why is he allowed to do that? He's already started millions of threads that goes like "Now I'm leaving this forum, bye." And deleted several of his accounts. Then created new ones. He's even blogged about Ubuntu and told people how much he disliked the Swedish Ubuntu forum and such. I think he keeps coming back for the intrigues, which he glady participates in, and there's a lot of them it seems.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that the main focus of the forum is Ubuntu.

Intelligent people with much knowledge of Ubuntu is being banned because of their strong opinions and because the admins doesn't know how to handle them any other way. And that is especially hard to watch. Right now there's also a thread where someone (actually, the ex admin) asked why this particular member was banned, and they're discussing whetever or not they should be allowed to know why he was banned etc.

I understand this might be the Ubuntu way of doing things, but I just find it irritating.

Welcome to the 'net.

LaRoza
August 19th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I don't know anything about the Swedish Ubuntu forum. This forum, the official Ubuntu forum isn't the place to complain about it. If there are management issues (and they are under Canonical), you can take it up with the Community Council.

Right now the biggest question is, should we allow animated avatars? There's even a poll about it. How hard can it be to decide something like that? Isn't there more important things?

That isn't so bad. The answer is "no" here ;)

We don't encourage people to complain about other management issues here.