PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] CD Installl fails through 100% image creation

stuboybrown
August 19th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Im trying to intsall Ubuntu from a cd- it goes through the initial screen where i set password and disc space. While creating an image it gets to 100% then informs me it cant read from the cd drive?
Whats the fix-ive tried it 3 times

Prem Rajendran
August 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Hi

Try burning the ubuntu disc again

maybe its corrupted

stuboybrown
August 19th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I can run ubuntu from the cd,but when i try to install it from a cd i burned i get this message

during creating image

it gets to the end 100%

then box opens up > could not access the CD,please make sure other applications are not using it and try again <

I cant see any applaictions using it-i do have nero installed??

Tony2times
August 26th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I have the exact same problem, and can`t get anywhere. I hope someone can help, or my Linux try-out will be fairly short.

I`ve tried to post a screen save of the problem as an attachment.

stuboybrown
August 26th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Hi tony,

the only work around that i found was i could run the ubuntu from the cd live- you then get an option -i think its an icon on the desktop-to install. if you install from here it goes stright into the partition manager and your away.

im in ubuntu now.. enjoy

Tony2times
August 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the tip, but it didn`t help me much. I had to install Ubuntu on a seperate partition, and that was what I tried to avoid. (The new Ubuntu version offered to install Linux inside Windows, without the need for a dedicated partition)

During the installation, I ran into another problem as well: "Grub" wouldn`t install, and when I restarted my computer I didn`t get to choose OS, it just started with XP.