PDA

View Full Version : Installation on EEE

alohadiaz
August 18th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hello everyone I am a complete newbie with know clue. I have a eee pc and am trying desperatley to install ubuntu from a thumb drive. I dont have an external cd player yet. I have downloaded 8.4 but when i try to install from windows it said to choose a program to open it with. Anyway I actually would like to install it on the 4g storage it has onboard and then use my external 40 gig to hold my prgrams and stuff. If anyone has any idea please help. I am going through all the forums trying to see if I find someone with a machine like mine. Thanks!!!!!!!

eee pc
4 gig on board
1g ram
40 g hard drive
I hate windows...............

RedPandaFox
August 19th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Hello everyone I am a complete newbie with know clue. I have a eee pc and am trying desperatley to install ubuntu from a thumb drive. I dont have an external cd player yet. I have downloaded 8.4 but when i try to install from windows it said to choose a program to open it with. Anyway I actually would like to install it on the 4g storage it has onboard and then use my external 40 gig to hold my prgrams and stuff. If anyone has any idea please help. I am going through all the forums trying to see if I find someone with a machine like mine. Thanks!!!!!!!

eee pc
4 gig on board
1g ram
40 g hard drive
I hate windows...............

Hey. Congratulations on your Eeepc :D Sounds like a nice little set up. Similar to mine, except its on a 2GB and 160GB external. So you want to install onto the internal 4gb? It could be a squeeze, I recommend going and downloading eeeXubuntu for a start as its a nice, compact little OS modified especially for the EeePCs.
Is your External drive IDE? My external HDD runs off IDE box with a HDD in it, if I want a second external DVD Drive for a short time, I dismantle the HDD Case and connect an IDE DVD drive, then install ISOs from there. Is that an option for you?

overdrank
August 19th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Moved to its on thread Installation :)

RedPandaFox
August 19th, 2008, 01:20 PM
What have you got installed on it atm?

RedPandaFox
August 20th, 2008, 03:57 AM
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent

That might help if you still want to use the USB install