PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphics driver stopped working - running low graphics :(

Yesideez
August 19th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Help!

I've just got home from work to find my graphics driver has decided to stop working (after my earlier "playing") and now I'm stuck in 800x600 and I can't even put the ATI driver back in because I can't click the "Proceed" button at the bottom of the window because it vanished off the bottom of the screen out of reach.

Any idea how I can put the default fglrx drivers back in?

Yesideez
August 19th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I've managed to reinstall the fglrx drivers but in the driver manager (Restricted Drivers) it shows ticked for enabled but says "Not in use".

How can I start using it?

Yesideez
August 19th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Now through playing I've managed to install the ATI driver finally using keyboard for Window control similar to Windows. Took me ages to figure out that "pressing a button" in a window is numerical keypad enter rather than space or normal enter.

Now in restricted drivers it shows fglrx is in use but I still only get a maximum of 800x600 screen resolution.

Any suggestions as to how I can get this back to 1280x1024 greatly appreciated as right now I'm very tempted to wipe Ubuntu and forget it all as nothing here is user friendly in the slightest and I can see why few leave Windows!