PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install fails around 80%

Legomaniac25
August 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
It's me again! First off I would like to thank logos34 for pointing me in the right direction, while I had defragmented my drive several times there were "unmovable files" that I needed to get rid of in order to clear up the necessary space. Damn windows...

Now there is an entirely different issue. The install process runs smoothly, regardless if I am doing it from the graphical install or right from the live cd. Everything is fine right up until the progress is at around 80%. I think it usuaully states that it is "Configuring System" or "Configuring Apt" right around when it dies.

And it doesn't die the same way all the time either. Sometimes it goes to full screen terminal, reads out of bunch of crap and then powers down before I can see what it says, and other times it just turns right off. Then and there, complete fail.

The partitions are fine and ready to go, and I did an error check for the cd and it didn't return any problems.

Luckily the live cd is working just fine right now, so if there are any terminal commands I can get some readouts for I can provide those for you guys.

Thanks for your help once again!

gjoellee
August 18th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Most times this happens the CD is bad or it was a bad burn. Try to burn Ubuntu to an other CD and see if it is better, also if it is warm where you have your computer it might just be because it gets overheated.

Legomaniac25
August 18th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for those basic but good suggestions, I will try to install again with a newly burnt cd at my parent's air conditioned house.

I'll be back with an update as to whether it helped or not.