PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GNOME panel spacing

moycano
August 18th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Hi there. I'm wondering: there's any way to the make the Task List behave like the one in xfce or the Separator item on Full Width panels?

To be specific, I mean the ability to expand and fill the entire panel. This way, I can easily hold a custom distribution of items without the need of actually lock them, and they don't stay in stranges positions every time their contiguos item change his size (for example, more or less icons in the Notification Area) as is show in the attach under Xubuntu:

I think already see this item once in Ubuntu and I certainly miss it... but could be my memory playing me tricks.

bmac
August 18th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I believe you can auto expand you panel in the "Gnome Configuration Editor"
I found mine listed and can be changed from:
apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen0
Uncheck "expand"

Hope this helps......

Too Late
August 18th, 2008, 08:38 PM
No need to go to gconf-editor, there's an 'expand' checkbox when you right-click panel and select properties.

bmac
August 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Too Late (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=644539)

Good call - I hadn't noticed that in the properties menu....

moycano
August 19th, 2008, 06:27 PM
No need to go to gconf-editor, there's an 'expand' checkbox when you right-click panel and select properties.
Hmn... please read again my post, that isn't what I'm asking:

1.Activate a full width panel :DONE:
2.Put a Task List item :DONE:
3.Make this item expand to all the available space :THIS I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE IN GNOME:

Any Idea? :(

moycano
September 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Never mind, I'm out of lucky with this forum... looks like none of my questions can be solved. Anyway, I'll stick to Xubuntu.

;-)