PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Free Ubuntu Stickers?

CEB2nd
August 17th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Has anyone successfully ordered Ubuntu stickers from this
site (http://system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9#us)? I ordered some two months ago and never received them.

thebinaryblob
August 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I cant even find an option to order free stickers. I want my free stickers!

--EDIT--
oh, I have to send an envelope. It would be nice to be able to get some stickers with the laptop i ordered.

marwansherin
August 17th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I've got them the first time I ordered ubuntu 7.10
they just came with the CDs
the second time when I ordered ubuntu 8.04 there were no stickers
maybe it's just the first time!

thomasaaron
August 18th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Guys! We've been without stickers for over a month, and we have a big pile of envelops on the front desk. We received a big batch of stickers last week and are just starting to send them out. It'll probably take a couple of weeks to get them all processed.

Your patience is appreciated.

CEB2nd
August 18th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Guys! We've been without stickers for over a month, and we have a big pile of envelops on the front desk. We received a big batch of stickers last week and are just starting to send them out. It'll probably take a couple of weeks to get them all processed.

Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure USPS isn't losing my mail again. ](*,)

gjoellee
August 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM
My friend got stickers with the CD he requested for free form www.ubuntu.com

snoguy986
August 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Just giving everyone who's waiting for stickers from System76 an update on why it may be taking so long.

I emailed them about the no-show stickers that I sent for several months ago, layed on the charm, and got back that they have been out of stickers for quite some time, and as a result, they have a huge back order of free sticker requests. They only recently got in a stock of stickers (did not indicate quantity) and have been filling them slowly but surely.

Just an FYI.

thomasaaron
September 22nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
All sticker requests received in our office up to today have now been fulfilled. So, if you do not receive yours in the next several days, it is probably because:

1. We did not get your envelope
2. You did not put a return SASE in your envelope
3. You put System76's address on your return SASE, and we sent it out and it came back to us

If you think you may have fallen into one of the above categories, please send me an email at support(at)system76(dot)com.

NOTE: A few of you very kindly put money in your envelopes for us. Thank you. We will put it towards the next batch of stickers so that we can keep spreading awareness of Ubuntu.

CEB2nd
September 23rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
Received my stickers in the mail today. Thanks!

MetalheadGautham
September 25th, 2008, 01:16 AM
My friend got stickers with the CD he requested for free form www.ubuntu.com

WHAT ? I never got any stickers with my ShipIt Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron CD. :(

TheSlipstream
September 26th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Is the Australian Sticker sender-outer still operating? I sent my envelope out about...four months ago or so.

thomasaaron
September 26th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I'm not really sure. We don't really track the activities of international Loco groups. We just send them stickers when they say they are out. Have you tried contacting them directly?

TheSlipstream
September 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I haven't, but I'd be happy to if I could get an email address or something like that. I'll post the response.

thomasaaron
September 29th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I haven't, but I'd be happy to if I could get an email address or something like that. I'll post the response.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamList

borahshadow
March 17th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hi I was wondering, Has there been another delay? I sent my SASE in over a month ago and have not received it back. Just curious.

thomasaaron
March 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yep. We ran out of stickers. The new batch came in late last week, so my daughter is here stuffing envelopes today! It'll take a little bit to get caught up. But all of the current envelopes should be out in the next week or two.

borahshadow
March 17th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Ok thanks. BTW thanks for the free stickers. Nice of you (and your daughter) to do it for free.;):)

thomasaaron
March 17th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Interestingly, she was able to get ALL of them done today. Took her 9 hours. So, if we received it, it's in the mail.

borahshadow
March 17th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Great! Thanks.

bapoumba
March 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Moved to Cafe.