PDA

View Full Version : Do you use cordless stuff with ubuntu? let us all know the brand and model?

legolas_w
August 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Hi there,

As many people are moving toward using cordless stuff like keyboard, mice, headset, etc. If you have any working cordless device post its brand and model in order to help other decide which models they should buy.

Thanks

Kevbert
August 17th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Logitech Cordless Keyboard with Cordless Click! Plus Mouse. Only problem is lack of battery monitoring.

Biochem
August 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I have a MS wireless optical desktop 4000. works plug and play but some of the extra button don't work (IM calendar, favorites, logoff and sleep to be exact).

Rhubarb
August 17th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I use my wiimote (via bluetooth), and send files to my desktop from my phone (via bluetooth). Works really well too :)

Check here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5232024) for my guide in getting the wiimote working in Ubuntu.

voteforpedro36
August 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I have a Logitech wireless mouse if that counts.

kernelhaxor
August 17th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I have a Logitech MediaPlay wireless mouse ..
Though the mouse works, the extra buttons like Play/Pause, Previous, Next, Volume and others don't work ..

helliewm
August 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Logitech webcam, laser mouse and keyboard as well as speakers. I always buy logitech peripherals and HP printers as I have never had compatibly issues with either make.:)

Helen

visionaire
August 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM
MS standar wireless optical mouse =)

RiceMonster
August 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Logitech wireless usb mouse. Never had any problems with Linux at all. I just plug it in and start using it, even on distros like Arch and Slackware.

trash
August 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM
cool thread, just posting to remind people to post about their hardware that works out of the box in the recommended hardware list... see link below.:)

Spike-X
August 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse, worked perfectly out of the box the first time I installed Ubuntu, back in the Friendly Ferret (or whatever 6.10 was called) days.

blueoil
August 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Logitech wireless trackball. No battery monitoring but seamless other than that.

kef_kf
August 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
logitech lx7 wireless usb mouse. out of the box it misdetects a couple of buttons but it can be fixed with the tutorial here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=219894&highlight=logitech+lx7).
the tutorial uses evdev as the driver and it causes problems (erratic mouse behaviour, cursor being forced to the edge of the screen) with some 3d games so im still waiting for some kind of solution.

kool_kat_os
August 17th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I used to use a Logitech S510 bundle and it worked excellent with ubuntu...

but right now i just got a macbook pro ($2700...but this thing is awsome...IMO its worth it) and im still getting used to Leopard

scotcella
August 17th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I use Longitech v470 bluetooth mouse. Had no trouble setting it up.

bobbocanfly
August 18th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Logitech LX710 Wireless Desktop pack, works after a bit of configuring. Only about half of the media keys work on the keyboard, but that is more than enough.

woztron
August 18th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Logitech wireless laser mouse, all 7 buttons work fine, only thing that doesn't is the power managment, kills my battery in 24 hours but used to get months out of it under xp (thinking of trying to run the logitech software under wine to turn the mouse off at shutdown etc.)

Tomosaur
August 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I use a HP 5219URF keyboard and a HP HP M971U (M1) mouse. They came with my HP Pavilion PC, and work out of the box in Ubuntu at least.

About half of the keyboard media keys work, but it is only since Hardy Heron that the rotary volume control on the keyboard has worked.

todak
August 18th, 2008, 12:11 PM
MicroInnovations Intelligent Wireless keyboard and mouse in use here. All functions and keys work just dandy! :) Only problem I have is accidentally squeezing the sides of the mouse and causing the browser to go forward or back a page! :mad:

barbedsaber
August 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I use the nunchucku of my wiimote to play Unreal Tournament game of the year edition, with xwii (available at get deb) and my phone (motoralla pebl, almost identical to the motorazer series) connects via bluetooth, but not usb. :confused:

NE Key
August 18th, 2008, 01:15 PM
cool thread, just posting to remind people to post about their hardware that works out of the box in the recommended hardware list... see link below.:)
No. I won't. I had a look but it is yet another "create a new log in and register". So I won't be posting there.

Tristam Green
August 18th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I have a MS wireless optical desktop 4000. works plug and play but some of the extra button don't work (IM calendar, favorites, logoff and sleep to be exact).

I use the mouse variant of this, and although I've attempted to edit my Xorg config to get all buttons to work, I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong.

Otherwise, it works just fine as a mouse.

regomodo
August 18th, 2008, 03:02 PM
#

CrazyG
August 20th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse, Logitech cordless keyboard. Both of them worked without any configuration being required. Mouse batteries do seem to run down fast, though - I have changed them (2 AA's) at least 3 times since I started using this a year ago, and I have been using the keyboard longer (2 AAA's) and I have not had to change batteries once. Currently using Dapper, hope to be going over to Hardy in the next week or so.

andamaru
August 20th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 (wireless gamepad kernel finds driver never actually used it)
Creative Desktop Wireless 7000 (keyboard + mouse)

Nepherte
August 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Logitech MX Revolution. Every button is recognized with the program btnx, without btnx back and forward buttons do work.