PDA

View Full Version : procesor question

swoll1980
August 17th, 2008, 04:35 AM
What would be the pentium equivilant of a 600 mhz celeron? oops I spelled processor wrong.

LaRoza
August 17th, 2008, 04:42 AM
What would be the pentium equivilant of a 600 mhz celeron? oops I spelled processor wrong.

The Celeron's were "budget" Pentium's. The Celeron's (around that speed) were toned down Pentium III's.

az
August 17th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Since the celeron is pretty much a pentium with very little cache, you will get almost the same performace for some tasks, but for general everyday use, a celeron 600Mhz like a pentium 400Mhz.

swoll1980
August 17th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Thanks my buddy just gave me a old compaq 600 mhz celeron 128 mb of ram. He was going to throw it in the trash. It's has win2k installed, and isn't half as slow as I thought it would be. One mans trash is another's treasure I guess

LaRoza
August 17th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks my buddy just gave me a old compaq 600 mhz celeron 128 mb of ram. He was going to throw it in the trash. It's has win2k installed, and isn't half as slow as I thought it would be. One mans trash is another's treasure I guess

I got one too :-)

I got it from overdrank (Celeron 600 Mhz).

swoll1980
August 17th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I got one too :-)

I got it from overdrank (Celeron 600 Mhz).

That was nice of him/her do you like it?

LaRoza
August 17th, 2008, 05:15 AM
That was nice of him/her do you like it?

See my blog.

At the moment, I am having hard drive issues with it (no hard drive came for it). I put in an old drive I got, but it started giving errors (not suprising from a disk from the the Windows ME days). I got another one, but the BIOS isn't detecting it (can't boot) although live cd's do see it (weird, I know)

swoll1980
August 17th, 2008, 05:24 AM
See my blog.

At the moment, I am having hard drive issues with it (no hard drive came for it). I put in an old drive I got, but it started giving errors (not suprising from a disk from the the Windows ME days). I got another one, but the BIOS isn't detecting it (can't boot) although live cd's do see it (weird, I know)

That's cool I didn't know they made vaios back then. Is there anyway to update the BIOS, or upgrade it? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the BIOS

LaRoza
August 17th, 2008, 05:49 AM
That's cool I didn't know they made vaios back then. Is there anyway to update the BIOS, or upgrade it? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the BIOS

I think it is the drive. Overdrank (again, thank you) gave the old drive (probably even older than the one I had) to me after he heard I was having issues with my current one, and I can install to it but it won't boot and the BIOS doesn't detect it at all.

I am not an IDE wizard, and it is likely some hard drive setting I have to set (I will play with the jumpers later)

swoll1980
August 17th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I think it is the drive. Overdrank (again, thank you) gave the old drive (probably even older than the one I had) to me after he heard I was having issues with my current one, and I can install to it but it won't boot and the BIOS doesn't detect it at all.

I am not an IDE wizard, and it is likely some hard drive setting I have to set (I will play with the jumpers later)

Well good luck with that.