PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Computer crash on disk integrity check

tehMurloc
August 16th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I have a problem...
I decided to install Ubuntu on my desktop comp. I had downloaded the .iso file for Ubuntu 8.04 some time ago and burned it to DVD. I cleaned the disk, entered it to the drive and rebooted computer. The menu appeared as normally, and I chose to run the disk integrity check to check whether or not the disk was correct.
The check froze, I waited for at least 15 min, but the progress bar didn't move... I decided to shut down the computer using the power button in front panel of comp...
After it, I tried to boot again. It does nothing, like it has no power at all! The ventilators aren't iniated, the normal lights don't light up... What went wrong?

I hope you can help
(hope this went to the right place)

Thanks

[SOLVED]

Partyboi2
August 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe your power supply has gone. Is there any sound at all (like the hard drive spinning) when you turn the machine on? Are you able to open the cd/rom draw? Is the power supply fan turning when you start the machine?

tehMurloc
August 17th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Maybe your power supply has gone. Is there any sound at all (like the hard drive spinning) when you turn the machine on? Are you able to open the cd/rom draw? Is the power supply fan turning when you start the machine?

I solved this problem this moring; I Just went to computer, tried it and it worked (wtf) I don't know what was the problem

Partyboi2
August 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Must of been a relief to know your machine still works :)

az
August 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FaultyHardware

Maybe your box overheated? It could also be bad ram. I suggest you check your memory and fans.

Anyhow, Ubuntu will not break a computer like that. Not any more so than another operating system.

Pumalite
August 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Get a good Power Supply.