PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] can instal xubunu!!

BrandonBmx
August 16th, 2008, 03:58 AM
okay so ive got past evrything on the live cd and im on the preview but install aint workin its not opening up it just stays highlighted im DL the alternate CD tell me if u think that will work thanx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
edit
its an old laptop but it used to run xp fine but then it started having problems

BrandonBmx
August 16th, 2008, 04:02 AM
please reply i cant get it to work is there some kind of terminal code?

overdrank
August 16th, 2008, 04:04 AM
please reply i cant get it to work is there some kind of terminal code?

Hi and welcome, could you tell us some system specs and did you check the cd for errors and also
you may want to do a checksum on the iso
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Please do not bump your threads so often :)

BrandonBmx
August 16th, 2008, 04:08 AM
its a toshiba satelite pro 4200 series (not sure what year) about a 5GB HDD im not sure on memory but it also has a floppy drive and also a CD Drive

overdrank
August 16th, 2008, 04:10 AM
its a toshiba satelite pro 4200 series (not sure what year) about a 5GB HDD im not sure on memory but it also has a floppy drive and also a CD Drive

Hi and the memory could be a issues. The alternate cd is a text based install and is designed for low memory systems. The live cd needs at least 256mb. The laptop will share its memory with the graphics also.

BrandonBmx
August 16th, 2008, 04:12 AM
yeh thats why i think i should use the alternate disk cus its a low memory laptop its very very slow on the live CD desktop (herd that its slow on the CD but i dont thisk this slow)

BrandonBmx
August 16th, 2008, 04:21 AM
it has now completly crashed on the live CD desktop