PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot isntall

stkblazer
August 15th, 2008, 10:49 PM
i cannot install ubuntu or any other operating systrem after i zero filled my hard drive using active kill disc i get an input/output error when i try to install i also flashed my bios after that so i re downgraded my bios and am gonna try to intall now can anyone help meh! i am using a sata excelestor 350 gig had drive and 120 gig maxtor 120gig ide hard drive both wont let me install any os to them after i zero filled them

niccholaspage
August 15th, 2008, 10:51 PM
SPEAK WITH GRAMMER! I can't even understand anything your saying,What is a active kill disk?

stkblazer
August 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
sorry for the grammar but im just so mad that im typing really fast but look it up here http://www.killdisk.com/ its a dos program that u boot form and a a program comes up that allows to to write zeros to your hard drive i did this for both my drives

niccholaspage
August 15th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Hm...I don't know why you are getting an error while trying to install...In the live cd,Go to System>Administration>Partition editor.Tell me what you see.

stkblazer
August 15th, 2008, 10:59 PM
i just flashed my bios back down to 601 from 701 and the installation seems to be working the copying files is going so the input output should be good now so ill tell u when its done if i get an error :) nope when it got to 52% i got the error

wilbbe01
August 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM
SPEAK WITH GRAMMER! I can't even understand anything your saying,What is a active kill disk?

While you're complaining about his grammar you should probably fix yours. Your usage of your and you're is mixed up, you should use "you're" not "your" in that situation. Also "is an active" and not "is a active" would be correct usage. Generally you should put "an" prior to a word starting with a vowel. You're basically means "you are," which is what you were obviously meaning to use in that situation. Maybe when someone asks for help a bashing of their ability to speak a language isn't such a great idea, especially if you yourself are going to have multiple errors in one sentence. Also, you don't need to capitalize the "W" after your comma.

stkblazer
August 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM
in the partition editor i see dev/sda1 ext3 227 gib then dev/sda2 extended 5.79 gib and then dev/sda5 linux-swap 5.79 gib

spiderbatdad
August 16th, 2008, 12:29 AM
I believe with that drive, you can hit f6 on the startup screen, delete quiet splash-- from the end of the kernel line and type in all_generic_ide