PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Linux wallpaper

lukjad007
August 15th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'm not really satisfied with my wallpaper. I was wondering if I could get any feedback on what you think I should change/add/remove.

Crafty Kisses
August 16th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I'm not really satisfied with my wallpaper. I was wondering if I could get any feedback on what you think I should change/add/remove.

Really plain, try to get some abstract in there, but I like the quote it's pretty funny. :)

lukjad007
August 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks. You can use the quote if you like. Does anyone know where you can get free to use backgrounds or images to work on?

SphereCat1
August 16th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I like the background design, I think, though, you should use a slightly less fancy font, and maybe the shiny version of the Linux penguin.

Overall, though, nice work! :)

SphereCat1

lukjad007
August 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks. Do you know where I can find this shiny bird?

Crafty Kisses
August 17th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks. Do you know where I can find this shiny bird?
That's a pretty cool picture of tux, but yeah use a less fancy font.

lukjad007
August 18th, 2008, 12:28 AM
The people have spoken.

mike1234
August 18th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks. You can use the quote if you like. Does anyone know where you can get free to use backgrounds or images to work on?

Google images, Gnome-look.org. I guess it depends on how you use them. For your own personal use I doubt if some attorney is going to knock on you door. I'd be careful about blatantly ripping off an image and distributing it though.

M.

lukjad007
August 18th, 2008, 12:44 AM
That's what I want to do. Giving credit of course to the original author.

dodle
August 18th, 2008, 12:52 AM
I think I would like the wallpaper better if it had more depth. It seems a little flat to me.

I don't know anything about using pre-made, stuff. I'm always worried about getting into trouble. I once posted a start button (http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/RoyaleTux+Menu+Button?content=86496) with the Windows logo on it at kde-look.org and replaced it replaced it with a tux logo the same day. That's just fyi, I guess I still feel guilty about it and want to let the world know that I'm sorry :D.

Lol, it's popularity has gone down since I made the switch.