PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] password problem

wiskers308
August 15th, 2008, 04:00 PM
while installing Ubuntu 8.04.1 I was asked for username and password. As it is a fresh install from cd i have no idea what password or user name it refers to. I tried my windows log on password and name, no avail. I also tried the ones I used for launchpad website. any help is appreciated.

Too Late
August 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM
"No avail"? What did it say and when did it ask them?

The only situation where it should ask them, is when you decide your own NEW username and password for the new Ubuntu install.

Pumalite
August 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Download from here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
Burn a new CD. Do md5sum on the iso, burn at 4x or less. Do no use CD-RW Check CD integrity before install.

wiskers308
August 15th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Pumalite the cd i have is from Ubuntu it is LTS edition.

wiskers308
August 15th, 2008, 04:18 PM
When I first booted the program after installation I was asked for username then password in seperate windows.

Too Late
August 15th, 2008, 04:22 PM
When I first booted the program after installation I was asked for username then password in seperate windows.
During the installation process, you should have been asked for your new username and password. These are the things you should then put into that login screen.

Pumalite
August 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
If it's AFTER installation; you should know your username and password.

wiskers308
August 15th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I was not asked for A password or name during install. I believe I will Uninstall and start over to see if that will fix problem . Thanks for your help Too late and Puma lite.