PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Major Delete

Firm18
August 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Ok, hello.

Recently I installed Ubuntu on my second hard drive because my old one started breaking down and freezing. The great thing about it is I left my old broken drive and after installing the system on the second drive my old one is not broken any more, and it works great. I still got all my files on the old drive and I really, really want to delete them (all the bin, usr and etc.) and just leave Home (where I got my music and etc.) because I don't need the system on the old driver now anyway, right? But whenever I right click the mouse on the bin and et.c directionary it doesn't allow me to delete them. How can I do it?

iaculallad
August 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Ok, hello.

Recently I installed Ubuntu on my second hard drive because my old one started breaking down and freezing. The great thing about it is I left my old broken drive and after installing the system on the second drive my old one is not broken any more, and it works great. I still got all my files on the old drive and I really, really want to delete them (all the bin, usr and etc.) and just leave Home (where I got my music and etc.) because I don't need the system on the old driver now anyway, right? But whenever I right click the mouse on the bin and et.c directionary it doesn't allow me to delete them. How can I do it?

On your terminal:

gksudo nautilus

From there, you could delete the folder you want trashed in your OLD drive. Be very careful with this option.

Firm18
August 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Hmmm ok. I will just wait for my friend to come over :P

I'm quite scared to do it on my own.