PDA

View Full Version : How can one install linux on a Zune?

Lord Xeb
August 15th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I was just wondering becuase my brother's zune keeps on turning into a brick. It would be nice to put something that is far more reliable on the damn thing. Besides, M$ immitation ipod sucks >_>

zmjjmz
August 15th, 2008, 03:43 AM
You can't D:

EDIT: That's not really true.
Just no project currently exists for it, because nobody gives a crap about the Zune.

pparks1
August 15th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Just no project currently exists for it, because nobody gives a crap about the Zune.

That's funny. People will install Linux on just about anything....but not on the Zune. I cannot believe anybody bought that device.

Lord Xeb
August 15th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Yeah. It is a piece of crap...besides, he said ***** it and is not going to send it in >_> I am going to ask if I can take it apart and then put into a case as a piece of art. That is all that it is worth :D

zmjjmz
August 15th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Yeah. It is a piece of crap...besides, he said ***** it and is not going to send it in >_> I am going to ask if I can take it apart and then put into a case as a piece of art. That is all that it is worth :D

Actually, if you take it apart you could try to put Linux on the hard drive.

Start with uclinux.

Lord Xeb
August 15th, 2008, 04:42 AM
O_O >_> I wonder... <_< If i can that would be awesome. But I think it uses an embeded OS on it e_e I think I am going to need to break out the soldering iron :D