PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Drawer opening from upper-left corner

VOLKOV9
August 14th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I right-clicked a launcher in my Applications menu and said Entire Menu->Add this as a Drawer to Panel, and everything worked fine. I customized it a little via right clicking it and going to Properties. All was well. I wanted to change more options, so after reading a couple threads here, I opened up Applications->System Tools->Configuration Editor (which I perhaps should note was initially not shown in the Applications menu), and went to /->apps->panel->toplevels->panel_6, which seems to describe this particular drawer. I started by unchecking enable animations, and exiting gconf-editor.

Now, when I click the drawer (found in the panel on the bottom of my screen), the drawer opens in the upper left corner (though animation, I note, is successfully disabled). Whenever I change any setting via Properties, it comes out in the correct place the first time I click it, and reverts to the corner for all clicks thereafter.

Anyone have any clue on how I can get it to consistently open in the correct location?

Thanks.

PS: The subdrawers still animate, which I imagine is because they are controlled by other entries in gconf-editor. The interesting part is that it seems that their horizontal position corresponds to the misplaced drawer, but their horizontal position is correct (about 1/3 from the left of the screen, where the button for the drawer is on my panel).

VOLKOV9
August 18th, 2008, 03:27 PM
*bump*

VOLKOV9
September 5th, 2008, 04:44 PM
...bump?