PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Another Panel Problem Thread

Shizo
August 13th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I've searched through ~10 pages of panel related threads. They all seemed to be, "Panel is gone, what I do now?" My problem is slightly different.

A few days ago I was dinking around with the transparency and the other panel settings (that don't require additional programs). The panel worked fine up until today. As soon as I do anything with the panel, it locks up. No flashing lights that would indicate a kernel problem, it just locks up. At first it's just the panel and I can still use shortcuts on the desktop. After I use one of the shortcuts then everything else locks up. I know this is pretty vague, but I didn't want to weigh it down with unnecessary details. I haven't tried much thus far, aside from making a new panel to see if it was messed up too. It was.

tl;dr: My panel locks up whenever I touch it. Was working before, stopped today.

Thanks in advance. At least I have a terminal, I guess.

[Edit]: So I tried 'gnome-panel' to remove all the applications on my panel to see if that would fix it. It didn't, but I got an interesting message when I removed Notification Area.
Bonobo-CRITICAL **: bonono_main_quit: assertion 'bonobo_main_loops !=NULL' failed Not sure if that will help at all, just putting it out there.