PDA

View Full Version : ancient Greece

oh yeah!
August 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM
who was Achilles :popcorn:

pmlxuser
August 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM
A guy created to by a mistake of a goddess and a human or vise-versa who rushed out of his mothers womb with an incomplete heal which proved detremental to his existence ;)

Rhubarb
August 13th, 2008, 04:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles

oldos2er
August 13th, 2008, 06:08 PM
who was Achilles :popcorn:

I think it was Brad Pitt.

HermanAB
August 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Does it matter? He is long gone and the Catholic Church doesn't allow visits to Hades anymore.
;)

adamogardner
August 14th, 2008, 01:05 AM
And Agamemnon answered, "Sir, all that you have said is true, but this fellow must needs become our lord and master: he must be lord of all, king of all, and captain of all, and this shall hardly be. Granted that the gods have made him a great warrior, have they also given him the right to speak with railing?"

Achilles interrupted him. "I should be a mean coward," he cried, "were I to give in to you in all things. Order other people about, not me, for I shall obey no longer. Furthermore I say- and lay my saying to your heart- I shall fight neither you nor any man about this girl, for those that take were those also that gave. But of all else that is at my ship you shall carry away nothing by force. Try, that others may see; if you do, my spear shall be reddened with your blood."