PDA

View Full Version : [i]Just a quick Hi!!![/i]

apjone
November 11th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Hi , I have been using linux since the end of Feb this year and Started using ubuntu in August. I like to program , create websites (create not maintain), draw manga. I used to run windows. There's only one thing I miss about windows, that nice blue screen telling me all my work for the past hour will disappear!! O wait -- you can get it as a screen saver 'BSOD' :D Yay!!!

AJ

Roobert
November 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Ha, I didn't even know that was there! I just selected all screensavers and made them cycle randomly. I'm too lazy to sit and look at all of them. And I hardly ever even see the screensavers, because my PC is always either in use or off!

apjone
November 11th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Ha, I didn't even know that was there! I just selected all screensavers and made them cycle randomly. I'm too lazy to sit and look at all of them. And I hardly ever even see the screensavers, because my PC is always either in use or off!
Yea, Also phospor is a good one , its an emiulation of fortune from unix , basically it goes through and quotes loads of stuff and turns your monitor into an old phosphor terminal screen and you can adding your own quotes and what not

AJ

heftigrat
November 11th, 2005, 07:48 PM
There's only one thing I miss about windows, that nice blue screen telling me all my work for the past hour will disappear!! O wait -- you can get it as a screen saver 'BSOD' :D Yay!!!

HAHAHA, yeah, I love that thing! I'll bet you Gates secretly runs Linux and has BSOD running...I'll bet he gets a real kick out of it.

You've probably already seen the attached image as well, but I thought I'd post it just for kicks...