PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the new FreeBSD art? Very Nice

MetalMusicAddict
November 11th, 2005, 01:47 PM
HERE (http://logo-contest.freebsd.org/result/) is the winner of their logo contest.

IMO this is REALLY nice. The DVD case and handbook are wicked. \m/ I love a good glossy look. Though I do like Clearlooks and some flat iconsets. :)

nsa_767
November 11th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah! Very stylish!

drogoh
November 11th, 2005, 02:38 PM
It's not bad and I know the core team did that to give FreeBSD a more "professional" logo, but I prefer Beastie...

-Rick-
November 11th, 2005, 02:41 PM
It's not bad and I know the core team did that to give FreeBSD a more "professional" logo, but I prefer Beastie...
Beastie stays :) This is about a new logo, while beastie is the mascot.

MetalMusicAddict
November 11th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Beastie is still cool. Ide like to see a modern redraw of him.

If this new art/logo is where they are heading with the look of FreeBSD Ill give it a new look. Im looking at changing my server to Linux or BSD.

Looking at the full-size pic there isnt 1 thing I dont like. I really like the font ant the 7 variant logos in the lower right. Every one is fitting.

It does look very professional and I like that. "Just working" is nice but when your working for long periods its nice to be able to like what you see.

canadianwriterman
November 11th, 2005, 02:54 PM
There's something kindda erotic about that Lil Devil! It does look great, though.

fuscia
November 11th, 2005, 03:48 PM
There's something kindda erotic about that Lil Devil!

i think it's the dual prongs that does it.

BWF89
November 11th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Mabye It'll grow on me in time but when I think of FreeBSD I think of Beastie.

A ball with 2 horns sticking out doesn't strike me as very professional.

geooldboy
November 11th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Ohh cmon it do look really cool ;) .... But what its that fixation with demons? its 4 the daemons? :???:

MetalMusicAddict
November 11th, 2005, 05:00 PM
A ball with 2 horns sticking out doesn't strike me as very professional.
You have the right to your opinion but its more about the overall presentation.
Not just "A ball with 2 horns sticking out". ;)

Ohh cmon it do look really cool ;) .... But what its that fixation with demons? its 4 the daemons? :???:
Exactly. ;)

majikstreet
November 11th, 2005, 07:01 PM
looks great :P

xequence
November 11th, 2005, 08:56 PM
I like the new art very very much.

stimpack
November 11th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Is very nice, proffesional and corporate friendly, which is more than can be said for Tux :)

drogoh
November 11th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Beastie stays :) This is about a new logo, while beastie is the mascot.

Yes yes, I know. I remember when they put the contest up early and a lot of people on the -stable mailing list went ape because "omg tehyur killingah beestee"