PDA

View Full Version : Addiction management

the real omni
August 12th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Can anyone recommend a way to try to cut down on my Linux usage?

Since I've switch to Ubuntu I've started neglecting my studies, my work, and my family and friends. I've even started neglecting my TV watching responsibilities!

Crack cocain, meth amphetamenes, and heroin all have NOTHIN' on linux!

I've tried just using less, but as soon as I get over the withdrawl pains I get an e-mail and I'm sucked right back in.

It's starting to get serious in the city where I live - if you go downtown you no longer see skeezy hookers and drug addicts wandering around looking for a score - they've all been replaced by linux geeks, malnourished from not having made it away from the screen to get a bowl of cereal for days upon days, crawling the streets asking everyone they see, "Hey buddy - got a Debian package? C'mon - I know you're holding! I'll compile it myself maaaaaan, quit holding out on me!"

City council has started putting tax money towards dealing with the issue as it's interfering with local business (complaints all seem to be from retailers selling Microsoft products)...

Dr Small
August 13th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Geesh. What city do you live in? :D

qstraza
August 23rd, 2008, 11:45 AM
ok thats just too much ;)

carolinason
August 23rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
I dropped a deb package in the carpet, it's here somewhere man.

rbmorse
August 23rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
I hate it when that happens.

lukjad
August 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
:rolleyes:

nothingspecial
August 23rd, 2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.xkcd.com/456/

LateNiteTV
August 23rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
you should give freebsd a try. you will overdose within 10mins.

spupy
August 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
can anyone recommend a way to try to cut down on my linux usage?

Since i've switch to ubuntu i've started neglecting my studies, my work, and my family and friends. I've even started neglecting my tv watching responsibilities!

Crack cocain, meth amphetamenes, and heroin all have nothin' on linux!

I've tried just using less, but as soon as i get over the withdrawl pains i get an e-mail and i'm sucked right back in.

It's starting to get serious in the city where i live - if you go downtown you no longer see skeezy hookers and drug addicts wandering around looking for a score - they've all been replaced by linux geeks, malnourished from not having made it away from the screen to get a bowl of cereal for days upon days, crawling the streets asking everyone they see, "hey buddy - got a debian package? C'mon - i know you're holding! I'll compile it myself maaaaaan, quit holding out on me!"

city council has started putting tax money towards dealing with the issue as it's interfering with local business (complaints all seem to be from retailers selling microsoft products)...

damn you gentoo i have exams!

bashveank
August 23rd, 2008, 10:48 PM
Realize that your computer is tool and not a religion?