PDA

View Full Version : Google's MASTER PLAN (??? )

brunovecchi
August 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Link to YouTube Video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAx-6nHEWbE)
So, according to this guys, this is what google is trying to accomplish.

Pinky and Brain anyone? Don't you think that they are being a little too paranoid?

Ozor Mox
August 12th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I love the way they did their video. It does seem a little paranoid though. Providing you don't give them that information, I don't see how they can obtain it.

kevin11951
August 12th, 2008, 10:56 PM
If you don't have anything to hide, why should you care?

themissinglink1
August 12th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Orwellian nightware? more likely scaremongering..... :)

VitaLiNux
August 12th, 2008, 11:05 PM
There's always people who hate big corps no matter which ones. They're paranoid, it's obvious...

jeyaganesh
August 12th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Brilliant video presentation. I have seen another documentary with similar plot about google 2 years ago. There is a lot of chance to misuse the private data collected by Google. Imagine if google taken over by some evil people? Some brilliant criminals manage to infiltrate the google system?

For me Microsoft, Apple and Google are same.

Freedom is real power. Be free.

brunovecchi
August 12th, 2008, 11:38 PM
The last part where it said about Google planning to get your DNA was way over the top. Until that point I gave the video the benefit of the doubt, but that was a little bit too over the top.

MaxIBoy
August 12th, 2008, 11:49 PM
I agree. The DNA stuff is too much. Fingerprints, maybe (fingerprint scanner security stuff,) but they aren't going to be able to get their hands on DNA.

I gotta say though, Google has the best products. They are taking over everything, but that's actually an improvement over what was there before. I just hope they don't start abusing their monopoly.

Xzallion
August 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Google is working to start storing biometric information, but thats for organizations that need to be able to search such things like the police or hospitals.

Google is building a powerful tool in an age where our information gathering tools and storing tools are becoming faster and more efficient every day. Mankind just isn't adapting to the new speed of these tools, that already existed but in slower forms before. As with all tools, it can be used for good or evil, either way its not the tool manufacturers concern or no one would have a hammer.

lukjad
August 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
My responce:

And just how are they going to get my DNA? As far as I know, I haven't been asked to include it for any online services. Does Google collect DNA samples and my fingerprints from my five year old keyboard that Google's agents have secretly replaced it with a fingerprint scanner?

Really, even if they are doing this, there are more important, and definitely more relevant things to worry about.

But, hey! Whatever interests you, by all means, be concerned.

bp1509
August 13th, 2008, 02:40 AM
d

Dr Small
August 13th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Are you saying that you have nothing to hide?

@bp1509, I agree with you 110%.

bp1509
August 13th, 2008, 02:58 AM
d

t0p
August 13th, 2008, 03:00 AM

I hope you're kidding.

mrgnash
August 13th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Moronic. There is a lot of anti-Google paranoia out there these days, and it is very, very boring.

Xzallion
August 13th, 2008, 04:41 AM
And just how are they going to get my DNA? As far as I know, I haven't been asked to include it for any online services. Does Google collect DNA samples and my fingerprints from my five year old keyboard that Google's agents have secretly replaced it with a fingerprint scanner?

Really, even if they are doing this, there are more important, and definitely more relevant things to worry about.

But, hey! Whatever interests you, by all means, be concerned.

Google themselves won't gather it. Government and private agencies will. Hospitals, Police, scientists etc will use Google search servers and new services to index these biometrics and DNA. Google themselves will have access to this stuff, but only to improve the search filtering on it for these agencies. In the U.S., I know very little of this will be publicly leaked due to various laws regarding this sort of data. Hospitals already have to keep certain information private, I know I worked in one.

For those that are afraid of this, this isn't Google making a web search so you can just randomly determine if you and your friends are "DNA compatible" or some other such non-sense. Its to help these organizations sort through large amounts of data in an organized fashion to aid in their research/operation. Police will have an easier way to link criminals to crimes, Hospitals will be able to access patient information easier, scientists will be able to notice things easier with sequences of DNA, etc. This is all theoretical, but thats the general idea of this service with the DNA/biometrics. The anti-Google crowd is just mad that it is Google doing this instead of random-data-collection-agency that will do the same or worse.

Its the 22nd Century, we have access to more and more data, and people are just getting mad that that data doesn't disappear as fast as people forget it.

coolglobal
August 13th, 2008, 05:13 AM
With Google or any organisation take care with what information your disclose about yourself or your family. Regardless of what this Google thing is trying to get across, history paints a pretty clear picture of the outcome of mass control. Our civilisation is moving ever closer to ending up with a lab rat scenerio on the human race. Take care out there.

Lod
August 13th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Maybe you smoke pot, which is illegal, yet not all that harmful to anyone. There's all kinds of reasons people wish to keep as much of themselves private as absolutely possible. The government shouldn't' know it, google shouldn't know it. They should control who they tell and data retention policies or illegal spying shouldn't get in their way.And keep in mind that something completely legal and accepted by society might turn into something illegal or making you a paria. Take a look at smoking: until a few years ago it was quite normal to smoke. Nowadays you're a social paria if you do smoke. And if it's going to keep going like this it's probably prohibited in a few years.
So what are we doing now what might be concidered a criminal act in a couple of years? Running Ubuntu? The FBI could search googles cache looking for phrases with Ubuntu and then our names shows up. Oh noes.

L815
August 13th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Well, sounds like there could be some evidence for some of the claims, but it sounds too far fetched in terms of working for the government.

It's just like the uTorrent scandal, where people are freaking out about MPAA sniffs and Bittorrent Inc's relationship with Mpaa, when in actuality there is no evidence to prove they are tracking users.

It would hurt the company much more to do such crazy things, rather than just doing what is best for them while providing a great service.

Even though, I am still a bit paranoid and am going to be using another search engine along with google :P

Atomic Dog
August 13th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Excellent. I was only about 3 years ahead of the curve. Said it before, and will say it again, the day will come when google is looked with more distain than Microsoft. They have too much influence on the web, and are collecting too much info on people.

Dr Small
August 14th, 2008, 12:07 AM
The anti-Google crowd is just mad that it is Google doing this instead of random-data-collection-agency that will do the same or worse.

Google collects; Government / Agencies request.

Take care out there.
We all live on Earth and are subject to one government or another. You just can't exclude yourself to this big regime. Just like the Indian who 'harassed' (I forget who) some government official of India on a public web-forum. The government requested that Google give them the IP Address of this guys gmail account (the IP that he logs in with) and searched him up and arrested him.

The FBI could search googles cache looking for phrases with Ubuntu and then our names shows up. Oh noes.
It will get worse than just that...

Well, sounds like there could be some evidence for some of the claims, but it sounds too far fetched in terms of working for the government.
It's the governments that have always wanted to control their population.

Excellent. I was only about 3 years ahead of the curve. Said it before, and will say it again, the day will come when google is looked with more distain than Microsoft. They have too much influence on the web, and are collecting too much info on people.
Most people won't ever realize it. We who do, will be labeled 'paranoid freaks who have something to hide'. But really, everyone has something to hide. If you don't, then please email me your password.

All this info and data harvesting that they are doing is creating a profile of YOU. IP Addresses change, yes, I know this. And more frequently on AOL, but if you have a Google Account or gmail account that you log in with, when you search, Google is creating a profile of you and your search terms. You may very well be innocent today, but as laws are passed and times change, you could be a criminal or outlaw just by searching for something.

I say, boycott Google. Use something else to do your searches that protects your privacy and doesn't pump all of your information back in to some governments hands.

Dr Small

gaurang
August 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
errr... i don't see any point of discussion here ..

it's because , not only google but with any one , for example yahoo or msn ... can do same thing , they have all access to all user information and data stored on web .. because the data we store doesn't live just hanging on air , it is stored on their servers ... so , naturally they must have their ways to reach those data ...

so all i can say is , weather you use , google / yahoo or msn .. you have no privacy ... man you even can't talk on phone like that , who knows may be big brother is listening you :-$ ...

and so , all we can do is to just stop thinking about it and don't do things that can "disclose" your privacy :) .. right ?? ...

hmm , i wrote something same about this issue from somewhere ...
http://gaurangsays.blogspot.com/2008/08/they-know-what-you-do-online.html ... please take a look ..

Dr Small
August 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
errr... i don't see any point of discussion here ..

it's because , not only google but with any one , for example yahoo or msn ... can do same thing , they have all access to all user information and data stored on web .. because the data we store doesn't live just hanging on air , it is stored on their servers ... so , naturally they must have their ways to reach those data ...

so all i can say is , weather you use , google / yahoo or msn .. you have no privacy ... man you even can't talk on phone like that , who knows may be big brother is listening you :-$ ...

and so , all we can do is to just stop thinking about it and don't do things that can "disclose" your privacy :) .. right ?? ...

hmm , i wrote something same about this issue from somewhere ...
http://gaurangsays.blogspot.com/2008/08/they-know-what-you-do-online.html ... please take a look ..
I agree. Google is not the only one doing all the data collecting. I don't trust AOL, Yahoo, Google, MSN, Microsoft or any big corporation that collects users information.

Sugz
August 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM
erm a little OTT for my tastes, it kind of reminds me of Zeitgeist if anyone does not know what it is, i thoroughly recommend that you check it out.
It is interesting how people twist raw pieces of information to manipulate its viewers. But i do find the DNA stuff a bit far fetched.

BGFG
August 19th, 2008, 03:33 AM
I have'nt checked out the video or anything but Google strikes me as being very Brianiac like.
Anywhere there's information to be assimilated you'll find a google product. How about the summers of code ? best and brightest around the world, huge database, all programs.
The other day i typed a little family joke about made up indian names for family members, i get an ad on my page about tracking down my native american heritage.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but information is power and right now, who has a database of all info available on the net ?

It's nice to take everything at face value, but that is simply not the world we live in.

Why is there google desktop for linux but no sketchup ? Which of these two programs does your personal info pass through ?