PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox crashes (Hangs) EVERYTIME when more than 2 windows opened.

jackygurui
August 11th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I am experiencing this strange and very annoying problems, which happens not just one system but on both systems home and work.

Just reinstalled ubuntu today at work because I somehow managed to "destroy" the sound server completely, and I thought reinstall (formatted / directory but not /home) could fix everything. Unfortunately, after installed all the updates, the firefox crashed again when I was trying to open the third window in the exactly the same behavior.

Does anyone have any ideas?

jackygurui
August 11th, 2008, 11:45 PM
:lolflag:

I knew now!! It's the google toolbar that is causing the problem!!! As soon as I disabled it, restarted the browser and I can open as many new windows as I like now!!! LOL

Moozacman
August 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Oh man, finally. This has been driving me crazy. I even started using SeaMonkey because it was ticking me off so badly. Thanks.

briankanderson
August 27th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Same issue here. Disabling the Google Toolbar Add-On fixed the problem.
Off to the Google forums...

badjava
September 30th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I had to completely uninstall the Google Toolbar for this behaviour to stop. Hopefully Google fixes this so that I can re-install the toolbar.

Crafty Kisses
September 30th, 2008, 10:25 PM
What are the results of > top when Firefox is open.