PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] synaptic doesn't show any broken packages

TuxIsCute
August 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I just upgraded from Eft to Hardy and now I'm being told I have "held broken packages." This normally wouldn't be frustrating as I know Synaptic is usually a friend and will nicely show which packages are broken and even fix them if it can--normally this is the case. However my good friend has let me down for the first time. I thought, hmm... broken packages let's get that fixed. I launched synaptic and looked for the broken bugger. At first I used the broken filter with no results. Then I looked manually and still found nothing. I aligned the packages based on if they were installed, broken, or marked, so on and so forth and still no broken packages could be located. I tried edit -> fix broken command and still nothing--although synaptic announced dependency problems were fixed successfully. I still cannot install anything because synaptic has locked the system thinking something is wrong. If anyone out there can help, I've run out of options aside from re-installing Eft or Dapper and hoping the system doesn't do that again.

I await a reply.

Tux Is Cute (He really is)

Partyboi2
August 13th, 2008, 10:27 AM
What happens if you try to fix broken package from the terminal?

sudo apt-get -f install