PDA

View Full Version : C++ in ubuntu

ellankavi
August 11th, 2008, 04:21 PM
is it possible to run C++ in ubuntu? I have also heard that it is possible to do C programming in Ubuntu. How do I go about that? I'm new to ubuntu. Pls do help.

overdrank
August 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Hi and moved to Programming Talk :)

Zugzwang
August 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Read the "stickies". They answer all these general questions. They are here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=832449).

pmasiar
August 11th, 2008, 05:33 PM
... and if you are such beginner (no offense), start with simpler language - like Python. See poll in FAQ sticky, and wiki in my sig.

Lster
August 11th, 2008, 05:41 PM
The following link should guide you through exactly what you want:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=689635

Of course, do post back if you have any difficulties. :)

nvteighen
August 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Of course, do post back if you have any difficulties. :)

I've noticed something: When a thread like this is posted to a wrong forum and then moved, the OP never replies. Don't ask me why, but it's what I see.

Lster
August 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Doesn't the OP get a post from the moderator (or administrator) telling them that their thread has been moved?

LaRoza
August 11th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I've noticed something: When a thread like this is posted to a wrong forum and then moved, the OP never replies. Don't ask me why, but it's what I see.

It used to be a person got a PM automatically when a thread was moved (or closed, or otherwise modified by a mod) but that plugin isn't active and isn't being used. The best thing we can do is leave redirects.

Also, the OP can search for their thread ("find my threads") as well.

Doesn't the OP get a post from the moderator (or administrator) telling them that their thread has been moved?
Not anymore.

nvteighen
August 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
But, anyway, this also means people don't use subscriptions, otherwise, the move wouldn't affect them.

LaRoza
August 11th, 2008, 08:38 PM
But, anyway, this also means people don't use subscriptions, otherwise, the move wouldn't affect them.

I don't use subscriptions...

nvteighen
August 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I don't use subscriptions...
...?

Lster
August 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Nor do I.

LaRoza
August 11th, 2008, 09:48 PM
...?

I read all the posts anyway ;)

nvteighen
August 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Actually, I don't why I use them... I keep track of the threads in which I post, but usually end up watching the regular threads list instead.