PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thanks.

purdy hate machine
November 10th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Just want to say thanks to everyone in this forum who made my Ubuntu installation a success. I managed to get all the help I needed by searching these forums, now I have Ubuntu installed on 2 desktops and a laptop and for the first time I actually feel like my computers are working for me, not the other way around. I used to spend so much time keeping virus/adware/spyware checkers up to date and running that I finally had enough and decided to give Linux a shot. I tried SUSE first but couldn’t quite get to grips with it, but Ubuntu is just perfect for me. It detected all of my hardware on installation, even my wi-fi card, and my scanner which I didn’t even get working on widows despite it being XP compatible now runs like a dream on Ubuntu. So… I decided to register to these forums in the hope that, as I become more experienced with Linux I’ll be able to give something back to the community that helped me.

GeneralZod
November 10th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Welcome aboard; post often! :D

Cheers,
Simon

megamania
November 10th, 2005, 08:33 PM
I understand your feelings.

I started using linux three months ago and have entirely erased my Win partition. Needless to say, I owe much of my achievements to this forum.

From time to time I am now able to help some beginners trying to solve problems that I've just been through, and it's a real pleasure being able to give a little bit back after getting so much. By reading this forum, I keep learning every day even if I try to ask as little as possible.

This forum is one of the reasons I stay with Ubuntu!

gw90se
November 10th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The ease of installation and these forums is why I am still here and MS free. (At home. Work's a different story. :rolleyes: )

Nu-Buntu
November 10th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Welcome, PHM! Ubuntu is fantastic, but it wouldn't be half as good without this great support community. Borders, religions, philosophies and politics may divide us, but Ubuntu unites us!