PDA

View Full Version : Re: What do you think about the forum staff ?

Frak
August 10th, 2008, 07:54 AM
If it makes a difference, I got a warning for calling LaRoza a doodie head...

No really, I'm serious.

I do start to think admins are being over-hired, and have started spreading out the discipline.

p_quarles
August 10th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Since you seem to disagree with the warning, I'm moving it to the Res Center (note: this post bumped a long-dead thread about opinions of forum staff).

Frak
August 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Nice useless extrataneous post. I've already talked to matthew and he refused to remove it.

This is what happens when you expand the bureaucracy, too many buereus are created; while some are overactively slamming the guilty-by-mistake, others are slow to react and provide poor aid.

And happy day, you got to use that fancy split topic button.

p_quarles
August 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Well, another admin will review the situation soon. In the meantime, the waaahmbulance has been called and will arrive in due course.

Frak
August 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
In the meantime, the waaahmbulance has been called and will arrive in due course.

No comment, this serves as proof of the flaky high-horsed "admins" that "admin" this forum.

Frak
August 10th, 2008, 09:00 AM
It's weird, somebody gives you admin and you think you have to right to even suggest that you earned a thank you from the community. A bit chauvinistic in my opinion.

As to the post above, you have admins that overdo their jobs, start watching everyones p's and q's, and those that don't do anything but use those extra abilities every so often because they can.

wieman01
August 10th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Calm down, Frak. It isn't as bad as you might think. We're mods by the way.

Admins?

LaRoza
August 10th, 2008, 09:32 AM
As to the post above, you have admins that overdo their jobs, start watching everyones p's and q's, and those that don't do anything but use those extra abilities every so often because they can.

Interesting claim. It is true, I have done things (although I am a mod, you seem to apply "admin" to all staff") because I can, like edit my thread titles, or lock my own threads (see my programming challenges, I lock them during grading), or very occassionly fix typos in other thread titles (that is rare).

You are using a logical fallacy, inappropriate generalisation, and even that doesn't really apply. You are using one example, of a warning you received for something that under certain circumstances could deserve it, to generalise to all "admins". We have less admins than we did before and none of them are "new".

As for why we can be "flaky" and "high horsed", how would you be if you had to deal with the things we deal with? Of course, most of the snippier things I have said are to spammers (and they can't check their PM's anyway, so it doesn't matter). We, in general, are normal users doing what we like to do with the added responsibility of being staff. We are used to things like this: http://linsux.org/index.php?topic=310.0

Found this: (I am flattered)http://linsux.org/index.php?topic=348.0

I am a very sensitive person to criticism but even I find those things funny, beneath my notice.

KiwiNZ
August 10th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Frak as you think the staff here are so bad I suggest a time out from the Forums. To assist you with that I have issued you a 10 point infraction that expires in one month

matthew
August 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Nice useless extrataneous post. I've already talked to matthew and he refused to remove it.For what it is worth, I was never approached with this request, not by PM nor by email. I can't refuse a request I never received. It's a trivial side note, but since you mentioned me specifically by name, I decided to let the facts be made clear.

Frak
August 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM
For what it is worth, I was never approached with this request, not by PM nor by email. I can't refuse a request I never received. It's a trivial side note, but since you mentioned me specifically by name, I decided to let the facts be made clear.
I argued with you on the sheer value of the warning, and through all PM's, you kept the warning. Don't tell me I'm lying when you are clearly covering your own ***.

Nonsensical tyrants. Oust anybody that doesn't agree to your plan. It's awfully nice to give somebody an infraction because "I made you cry" :roll:

matthew
August 10th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I argued with you on the sheer value of the warning, and through all PM's, you kept the warning. Don't tell me I'm lying when you are clearly covering your own ***.

Nonsensical tyrants. Oust anybody that doesn't agree to your plan. It's awfully nice to give somebody an infraction because "I made you cry" :roll:

Is that what you were talking about? Okay. You did contact me about the warning and I did choose not to remove it because I felt it was warranted. I didn't realize that was what you were referring to when you said this:

Nice useless extrataneous post. I've already talked to matthew and he refused to remove it.because this sounds like you asked me to remove a "useless extraneous post," it does not sound like you are referring to a warning you disagreed with.

My mistake.

Frak
August 10th, 2008, 05:44 PM
KiwiNZ, remove that bogus infraction. I'm sorry if I made you cry, but you'll just have to get over it. You Kiwi are one of the overworking ones that become ban-happy/lock-happy/warning-because-I-said-poopie-happy and its getting old. Act like a regular human being, not Rambo.

matthew
August 10th, 2008, 05:54 PM
And with that, we will make it a full ban for the month, instead of just forcing posts to be moderated. See you September 10th and perhaps then we can try again more politely.