PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Can the oxygen icon theme in kde4 be changed to something else

benerivo
August 9th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hi,
I use kde4.1, and i have am very happy with it, although i can't fully change the icon theme. I have tried installing kdeartwork-theme-icon-kde4 and also installing icon themes through the system settings internet link (nice touch), but in both cases the only icons that change are the application icons and other panel icons. The folder icons in dolphin remain in the blue coloured oxygen theme. I'm guessing this is something that is yet to be implemented in kde4, but if anyone know otherwise then please say.

Speed Demon
August 9th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I have that same issue... dolphin... desktop folder view widget... perhaps a launchpad bug or something.... not sure how to fix

benerivo
August 10th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I found how to change the colour of the icons, and the 'icon effects' in System Settings. In the 'Advanced' tab of the Icons section, you can change the colour/tinting/transparency of the oxygen icons.

EDIT - This also seems to change the colour scheme of the drop down menus.

dgtester
August 16th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I've got the same problem in KDE 4.1. A few of the icons such as the big preview in Dolphin change but the main icons (such as those blue folders) don't.