PDA

View Full Version : In love with Ubuntu

akniss
November 10th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Hi all. I've been using ubuntu for a few weeks now, and I have to say... if I could french kiss an operating system, i would! I've been a Windows user since high school, so linux has been an intimidating move for me. Up until today, I've not been able to make the switch because I could not get my wireless connection working at home. I thought it was that Ubuntu didn't set up my wireless card correctly. I am in a hotel room right now, and Ubuntu connected to the Wi-Fi here with absolutely no trouble. upon searching the forums for a few seconds, I realized it is my home wireless gateway that is causing the problems, not device drivers. As soon as I get home I'm buying a different wireless router to use instead of the Actiontec gateway provided by Qwest. I think you have a new Ubuntu convert for life!

if anyone is interested, I'm using Breezy on a Dell inspiron 600m notebook. AND EVERYTHING JUST WORKS!!! Goodbye Microsoft!!!

GeneralZod
November 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM
That's great news; welcome aboard! Just in case things don't continue to go well, feel free to ask questions!

Best of luck,
Simon

Suzan
November 10th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I am jealous of you! I fell in love with Ubuntu, too!

;-)

Just kiddin' - great to hear that.

cedjo
November 10th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Welcome to Linux & Ubuntu! (kubuntu!)

jeffreyvergara.NET
November 10th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Im also a M$ Window$ convert, and as far as I remember, it's my 2nd Monthsary with my Ubuntu... LOL. I really love my Ubuntu.

poofyhairguy
November 11th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Welcome. Make yourself at home.

teaker1s
November 11th, 2005, 12:37 AM
I've said bye bye to ms too, ubuntu's great the forums and the general way things work, been a few chores, namely keyboard mapping- but great overall

darkmatter
November 11th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Welcome aboard...glad to have you here. Hope you stck around.:)

But please, avoid frenching the OS and the system it's installed on...saliva/software...not good....saliva/hardware...uhhh...a little to electrifying.

NewWithoutClue
November 11th, 2005, 05:39 AM
unless that's what you want, of course ;)
Welcome, For about a month now I've had my harddrive dedicated to Ubuntu.

w00t, Paul.