PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Live CD will not initially recognize keyboard

dan5505
August 9th, 2008, 12:52 AM
I am trying to install 8.04. I can get to the initial screen where you can choose to install. My problem is that it wont recognize my keyboard, so I cannot make a selection.

So anyway, after 30 seconds it selects the default, to try without installing. Normally this would be fine, but when it finishes booting, my monitor says i cannot display that video mode. My graphics card is a Nvidia 6800.

Further info: I am using a usb keyboard and mouse, and i cannot select any kind of legacy support in my dell bios. My mobo doesnt even have a ps2 jack so thats out of the question. I have also tried the alternate disk, no luck.

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly apprecitated.

edit: when i get to the point where my monitor says that it cant display the mode, i tried control+alt+backspace, which it recognized. so it recognizes the keyboard later in the process.....

edit: is there anyway i could change the video mode through a terminal,when the live cd is booted up? I wont be able to see whats going on, but it might work as long as it is all commands. Anyone know how to do this?