PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intel 2200bg help

BAG1988
August 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I need administrator and password for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2200BG ROUTER. Please help.Can I find it somewhere

chili555
August 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I am not aware that Intel made many routers, much less one named 2200ABG. They did make a widely sold network card named 2200ABG. Can you please recheck the make and model of your router?

dca
August 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I didn't know Intel made a router called 2200bg... I know there's a WiFi NIC card called Intel ProWireless 2200. They also have IPW2100 & 3954, & 4xxx or something there-abouts.

Most routers/wireless routers on the other hand default now to admin for user name and admin for password. You can consult the manf of the router's website to see if it's different. Older Penguin's still used 'root' because they were based on Red Hat Linux.

stefutu
August 8th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I didn't know Intel made a router called 2200bg... I know there's a WiFi NIC card called Intel ProWireless 2200. They also have IPW2100 & 3954, & 4xxx or something there-abouts.

Most routers/wireless routers on the other hand default now to admin for user name and admin for password. You can consult the manf of the router's website to see if it's different. Older Penguin's still used 'root' because they were based on Red Hat Linux.

Nope they did not manufacture a wireless router called 2200bg. he needs to configure his wireless router... he is confused and thinks that the wireless network card asks him for a password.
that password is configured on the wireless router.. not on the card...