View Full Version : [all variants] rt2860 patch for securitty testting

August 8th, 2008, 03:38 AM
so I got a wireless card that uses the rt2860 chipset ... now from what i understand if i am going to test my home net work and beable to inject packets and what not. i need to patch the drivers .... the ones from the site here http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/2008_0708_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.7.0.0.tar.bz2 work fine ... just a few things i know should work don't... injection, mac masking, and wireshark has some capture issuses ... all this is from my home network ... I do know that someones working on the driver for eeepc but i would like to see the new driver avaible like the other rt drivers ....... i can't help with the programing but i can however help with testing ... having a patched driver would help me out emsilly i've been doing a lot of security research and i would like to try out some of what i've learned.. but i can't unless i can inject and maskmy mac .... more so the injecting i want to play with packet forge, aircrack-ng and the like... i did send an email regarding this to aircracks site but i've had no responce .... if anyone knows where i mite find the drivers already done that would be great...

Thanx in advance

August 10th, 2009, 02:32 PM
chipset rt2860 can't injection

card with rt2860 like:
Airlink AWLH6070, Belkin PCI Wireless N1 Mimo Card F5D8001, Trendnet PCI Wireless N Card TEW-623PI (version 2), can't do injection packet ... only you can put in monitor mode