PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] nautilus-image-converter: permission denied

ijustam
August 7th, 2008, 11:54 PM
So I have nautilus-image-converter installed, and prior to Hardy it worked great. Ever since I upgraded I get "permission denied" errors when attempting to resize or rotate pictures, despite owning the directory and files I'm attempting to edit.

Does anyone have a possible explanation for this? I've already tried completely removing it and reinstalling which didn't help.

Thanks!

silkstone
August 8th, 2008, 12:14 AM
You own them, but do you also have write permission to the files or are they read-only?

EDIT/ It's useful to install gnome-commander. It's a great two-pane file browser that displays file permissions and lets you change them, assuming you are the owner.

ijustam
August 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Owner (me): Read and write
Group (me): Read only
Others: Read Only

CleveRuse
June 24th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I'm having the same problem and I'm #$&%* disgusted. It's just as well, things were going too smooth for past couple days! Between stubborn Windows that Refuse to resize, and now this... It's a shame I only post when I'm so... ah, frustrated, cuz all things considered, I really love Ubuntu... But god to does it make me feel like destroying something. If I won the lottery today I'd smash every electronic device in my house, starting w/ my laptop. Hardly productive but dammit if it wouldn't be Satisfying!