PDA

View Full Version : iPod Gen5 Hard Drive Dissection?

KLRWLF
August 7th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Anyone ever dissect an iPod hard drive? Anyone ever get one working after the dissection? lol

I have an iPod that is having some troubles and the harddrive is bad. I am able to get the iPod in Disk Mode and Windows does connect to it thru USB but the iPod is not detected to recover any files. Other than that, it is always in Sad icon mode. It has been like this for months. Just trying to see if there is a way to recover anything. Just the very fact that I am able to get the iPod in Disk Mode is keeping me from trashing it. I am still holding out that there may be some software that is capable of detecting the harddrive and somehow magically getting it to work. Are there any programs in Linux that have a success rate at detecting the drive or at least?

Thanks

wrtpeeps
August 7th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Anyone ever dissect an iPod hard drive? Anyone ever get one working after the dissection? lol

I have an iPod that is having some troubles and the harddrive is bad. I am able to get the iPod in Disk Mode and Windows does connect to it thru USB but the iPod is not detected to recover any files. Other than that, it is always in Sad icon mode. It has been like this for months. Just trying to see if there is a way to recover anything. Just the very fact that I am able to get the iPod in Disk Mode is keeping me from trashing it. I am still holding out that there may be some software that is capable of detecting the harddrive and somehow magically getting it to work. Are there any programs in Linux that have a success rate at detecting the drive or at least?

Thanks

You don't want to start taking apart hard disks in your house.