PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blank screens when installing

Neotad82
August 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I didn't see a solution to this problem with a brief forum search, so I apologize if I missed it.

First off, I have used Ubuntu before and love it. I had to go back to Windows for various reasons, but I have found a work-around for my problem.

I went to install Ubuntu from CD (Gutsy), received the option to either boot Windows XP or Ubuntu, chose Ubuntu and went through the loading bar screen. After that my screen goes solid red, then the default beige Ubuntu color, green, then grey...that's where it stops. I even hear the Ubuntu logon music. I thought it might be the disc I used, so I made another one (this time I tried Hardy). The same thing happens no matter what version/disc I use.

Has anyone had this problem? The only thing I can think of is that it is a hardware problem. Everything works fine in Windows XP though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've had the Ubuntu itch lately and would like for it to work. :)

Neotad82
August 8th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I found a self-fix for this, if anyone has this problem. I had both my digital and analog monitor cables plugged in at the time of install. Since I knew there was a display issue, I decided to unplug the analog from the monitor and try again. Bingo--that seems to have worked.

Hope this helps anyone that may need it.

tuxxy
August 8th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Glad ti worked, change you thread prefix to solved now :)