PDA

View Full Version : Lil upset...

tekwerx
December 21st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Ok, back in Sept, my next door buddy and I ordered our sets of CDs. I ordered just the stock 10, and he ordered 30. We ordered them within 5 minutes of each other, and yesterday he got his. Im still waiting...what gives? I know a lot of people in other states around me have gotten theirs, and now my buddy got his...and Im still waiting. Any ideas? Kinda irked...

poptones
December 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM
You're irked because you haven't got your FREE STUFF yet?

I could understand being upset if you had paid for them - but gratis?

I ordered 25 about two months ago myself, didn't get them yet. In fact it's looking like by the time I get them we'll be onto hoary. So? I still have the CD I burned from the (also) free download. I wanted the "free" discs to give away so as to make ubuntu look nice and professional. Their delay isn't my loss, it's only (at most) theirs.

You weren't counting on ebaying these for xmas, were you?

eBopBob
December 21st, 2004, 08:08 PM
Maybe yours are on their way?

Maybe it could be the post?

There are so many reasons - It may not be the fault of Ubuntu, however the shipping company or your local post office.

And since your friend ordered 30 and got his 30 yesterday, maybe he could give/lend you one so you can install and try it out? (If that is what you're after)

tekwerx
December 21st, 2004, 08:23 PM
You weren't counting on ebaying these for xmas, were you?

Um, no. I was planning on giving them out in 4 days to my techie family...Ive been selling them on Linux for years now and thought it'd be nice to finally show em a nice distro. It offends me some that youd think I am some cash *****...and you dont even know me.

Doesnt matter though. Youre both right. Why complain that I didnt get free CDs when I ordered them. Ah well. Guess I'll go get SuSE.

zenwhen
December 21st, 2004, 08:46 PM
Um, no. I was planning on giving them out in 4 days to my techie family...Ive been selling them on Linux for years now and thought it'd be nice to finally show em a nice distro. It offends me some that youd think I am some cash *****...and you dont even know me.

Doesnt matter though. Youre both right. Why complain that I didnt get free CDs when I ordered them. Ah well. Guess I'll go get SuSE.

You have both shocked and offended everyone with your decision to go get another generic RPM/KDE distro.

No, really... ;)

jdong
December 21st, 2004, 09:07 PM
Why not borrow one from your friend?

eBopBob
December 21st, 2004, 09:08 PM
Doesn't matter though. You're both right. Why complain that I didn't get free CDs when I ordered them. Ah well. Guess I'll go get SuSE.
I didn't say don't complain. Please, don't put words in my mouth - I simply said maybe yours will come tomorrow or within the week. And that maybe it isn't the fault of Ubuntu however possibly your local post office or the shipping company.

However, if you do decide to go and get SuSE - I wish you the very best of luck. I've used SuSE before and know it's a great distro. It's very easy for newbies, and you won't be disappointed with it. It's certainly a great distro to start Windows users on.

poptones
December 21st, 2004, 09:15 PM
It offends me some that youd think I am some cash *****...and you dont even know me.

What is there to be angry about otherwise? If you want cds for your family all it takes is a spindle from wal-mart and an afternoon of copying. But people HAVE been selling these on ebay, so don't think my comment was singling you out. I simply couldn't understand anyone being angry about not being given something for free.

Ah well. Guess I'll go get SuSE.

So... you're complaining you didn't get free cds, and the response to this will be to go buy cds? Of a distribution that doesn't even work as well OOTB as the free one?

Sure... that's logical.

BWF89
December 21st, 2004, 09:42 PM
Stop making threads about live getting CD's in the mail!

And that goes for everyone who litters our forums talking about getting their live CD's...

-You order the CD's
-The CD's come in the mail
-OMG! It's soooo amazing that I can order something off the internet and it shows up right at my mailbox!!!

Stop acting live you've hit the lottery just because the people at Ubuntu are doing exactly what they are suppost to do...

EDIT: Sorry, I wasn't mad at you. Just getting annoyed at seeing 500,000 threads being made daily about how people got their CD's...

rbrimhall
December 21st, 2004, 09:43 PM
If your friend got 30 cds couldn't you get 4 from him and give him 4 of yours when they come?

rbrimhall
December 21st, 2004, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=BWF89]Stop making threads about live getting CD's in the mail!

I know it's a typo but what's a live getting cd? ;) You should at least make it correct if you're going to yell, right?