PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Hairy Back?

Hairy_Palms
August 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
seeing as tons of other threads about hair have popped up lately i thought id ask if anyone has/will admit having a hairy back obviously thread mostly targeted at men, i have a back that would make chewbacca proud, and get it seen to by a friend, she waxes professionally but id be too embarrassed to get it done in a shop.
but the backrug is not a great look.

tuxxy
August 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I have a abck that a Sphynx (cat) would be proud of :lolflag:

tamoneya
August 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM
tamoneya@tamoneyat61:~$ sudo apt-get hairy-back
E: Invalid operation hairy-back

No hairy-back for me. Oh well I dont really care anyways.

DrMega
August 7th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I don't have a hairy back. If I did I would probably get the hair removed somehow, for no other reason that I hate being too warm (that's why I shave my head - nothing to do with appearance I just get irritable when I'm too warm).

On a side note, I thought I'd share a mildly amusing anecdote. One time while my wife and I were visiting her family, the wife's younger sister and her freind were getting ready for a night out. They were arguing about how frequently a lady should shave her legs. One boasted she does it every two weeks to keep her legs smooth. The other boasted she does it every week, which is better. Their argument continued until they decided to get a bloke's opinion. They came into the living room where I was and asked me which is best. I replied by pointing out that the more you shave the faster and thicker it grows so if they carry on as they are, they will both have legs like big hairy spiders by the time they are 30. The look of horror on their faces was a picture, I wish I'd had my camera with me:)

forrestcupp
August 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I wish I did.

Do you really have hairy palms?

LaRoza
August 7th, 2008, 08:55 PM
but the backrug is not a great look.

You are taught that. Look at male "models" nowadays. The either look like little girls, or cartoon characters.

It is sad men can't be men, and women can't be women.

Darkhack
August 7th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Personally, I dislike body hair. Hair belongs on the scalp and eyebrows. I can handle leg and arm hair, but only if it's a small amount; Just enough to look masculine, without looking like an ape. A balance that's rare among men. So from best to worst (in my opinion)...

- slightly hairy arms and legs, enough to look masculine
- perfectly smooth with no hair
- ape-look (gross)

If you fit into the third category, I'd advise shaving it off and going smooth. If your in the first category, you're fine.

billgoldberg
August 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Personally, I dislike body hair. Hair belongs on the scalp and eyebrows. I can handle leg and arm hair, but only if it's a small amount; Just enough to look masculine, without looking like an ape. A balance that's rare among men. So from best to worst (in my opinion)...

- slightly hairy arms and legs, enough to look masculine
- perfectly smooth with no hair
- ape-look (gross)

If you fit into the third category, I'd advise shaving it off and going smooth. If your in the first category, you're fine.

Sorry but a guy without arm and leg hair (and chest hair for those that can grow it) isn't a man in my eyes.

Men don't have to follow what the media thinks is cool. That's what makes them men.

NovaAesa
August 7th, 2008, 11:41 PM
My back is pretty hairy. I don't really see that as a bad thing though. None of my girlfriends over the years have ever complained. And anyway, it makes you warmer in th winter.

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Personally, I dislike body hair.
Some races don't have a lot.

Hair belongs on the scalp and eyebrows.
Hair belongs where it naturally grows ;)

I can handle leg and arm hair, but only if it's a small amount; Just enough to look masculine, without looking like an ape. A balance that's rare among men. So from best to worst (in my opinion)...
That is a hint, it isn't manly if it is rare among men ;)

If you are in the third category, I'd advise not using the very weird opinions of others to affect your body.

hvac3901
August 8th, 2008, 01:10 AM
hahahahaha, my avatar would look really funny if i had any back hair :)

loell
August 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I'd trade my hairy arms and legs for a hairy back instead. ;)

kostkon
August 8th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Although I have a full beard (thick enough) I don't have chest or back hair; OK, maybe very very little hair on my chest; and pretty normal hand and leg hair.

So the answer is no.

I felt awkward writing the above... :?

Superkoop
August 8th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I don't have a hairy back, I don't think I ever will either. It's just how I am.
Maybe someday...:D

ghindo
August 8th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Hell, I can't even grow a beard, much less back hair.

arsenic23
August 8th, 2008, 04:05 AM
There is no, 'I can't see my own back' option.

I think... I think, my back is the only place on my body devoid of hair.
Wait... why am I talking about this?

vikramaditya
August 8th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I'll 'fess up...my entire body is so hairy, I could travel back to the Pleistocene epoch and they'd think I was from the Miocene. :) A past g/f nicknamed me "Karastan", after the carpet manufacturer!

azkehmm
August 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I've got hair on most of my body, including the back. The only place I cut/shave it is my beard, because it itches as hell when it gets too long.

kajillin
August 8th, 2008, 10:03 AM
my back is a forest of awesomeness

darrenn
August 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hair belongs where it naturally grows

I probably won't get a answer to this but I will ask anyway. So does that mean you don't shave your underarms?

forrestcupp
August 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I probably won't get a answer to this but I will ask anyway. So does that mean you don't shave your underarms?You probably shouldn't have brought that up. :)

The real question is this. Do those of you with back hair get your back hair permed?

The weirdest place I ever saw somebody grow hair was on the bridge of their nose. I knew two different guys like that. I think if I were like that, I'd definitely be keeping it shaved.

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I probably won't get a answer to this but I will ask anyway. So does that mean you don't shave your underarms?

No, I don't.

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 04:13 PM
The real question is this. Do those of you with back hair get your back hair permed?

Corn rows would look cool.

hvac3901
August 8th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Corn rows would look cool.

Funny, thats right don't shave it off, show it off :) hahahahahaha

schauerlich
August 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I don't have back hair yet, but considering my genes, it's just a matter of time.

Hairy_Palms
August 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM
haha never had corn rows, had someone shave the words 'Hasselbaink' in it before tho

LaRoza
August 8th, 2008, 10:54 PM
haha never had corn rows, had someone shave the words 'Hasselbaink' in it before tho

I've had corn rows (head hair) before. They come out easily for me.

forrestcupp
August 9th, 2008, 02:05 PM

If that's not your name, that's really hilarious.

Hairy_Palms
August 9th, 2008, 04:27 PM
its the name of a football player who played for charlton athletic it was shaved in the style of a football shirt.

mr.miracle
April 5th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Yeah, mine is fairly hairy. I also have a Hairy Nevis that is on my left shoulder and part way across my back. It is a giant mole that is darker than the rest of my skin that grows thick, course dark hair faster than you can shave it off. It is nasty and I remove this hair but let the back hair in place.

mr.miracle
April 5th, 2009, 05:45 AM
And yes, I have a very hairy ***.

Snappo
April 5th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I'm pretty hairy but living in South Florida and being from Scotland shaving is just one of them things you have to do. :lolflag:

dragos240
July 29th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Who bumped this topic?

lisati
July 29th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Where's the poll option for answers of the "I haven't looked" variety?

MikeTheC
July 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM
It is sad men can't be men, and women can't be women.
Yes, but the sheep are still nervous.

thisllub
July 30th, 2009, 01:27 AM
apt-get remove hairy-back
hairy-back has dependencies and cannot be removed.

dragos240
July 30th, 2009, 01:28 AM
apt-get remove hairy-back
hairy-back has dependencies and cannot be removed.

Good one :D

MasterNetra
July 30th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I got plenty of hair on my arms,legs and chest, no back hair though. Wish I did though. Make winter more bare-able. :p