PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] [SOLVED] Hide the panel in kde 4?

patrickaupperle
August 7th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Is it possible to easily hide and unhide the panel in KDE 4? In KDE 3 there was the little arrow hide button on the right. Anything like that?

txcrackers
August 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Nope.

patrickaupperle
August 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Nope.
Is it possible to auto-hide the panel?

GeneralZod
August 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Is it possible to auto-hide the panel?

Not yet. It's one of these features that was intended to have been done ages ago (it was, in fact, scheduled for 4.0), but more pressing matters keep intervening and then a feature-freeze means it gets bumped back to the next release :/

All being well, it will be in 4.2.

patrickaupperle
August 7th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Not yet. It's one of these features that was intended to have been done ages ago (it was, in fact, scheduled for 4.0), but more pressing matters keep intervening and then a feature-freeze means it gets bumped back to the next release :/

All being well, it will be in 4.2.
It is rather odd that something so seemingly simple, I am not a programmer so I don't know how hard it actually is, would not be in KDE 4.1. You are right, though, it really is not that important. When can we expect KDE 4.2?

GeneralZod
August 8th, 2008, 08:51 AM
It is rather odd that something so seemingly simple, I am not a programmer so I don't know how hard it actually is, would not be in KDE 4.1. You are right, though, it really is not that important. When can we expect KDE 4.2?

End of January 2009. It's not inconceivable that a distro could patch it in before then, but whether one does or not is hard to predict.

patrickaupperle
August 8th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Thank you. It would be nice if one did, but it really is not all that important. I just wanted to know how, if it was possible.