PDA

View Full Version : Infraction Appeal

monstermudder78
August 7th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Here is the thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=5532617#post5532617

Here is my post:

Originally Posted by super61 View Post
Well theres a few things i want and want to do.
1) A good, really cool wallpaper, like a hacker wallpaper or something.
2) When you right click on the desktop the applications, place and system comes up. If you ever used Back track 2 or 3 you know what i mean
3) A 3D icon tray like Mac OS.
4) WHat ever you think i should try out.

So, any ideas or items? thanks!

~*super-6-1
Wee-todd-ed post/thread of the year ^ :KS

And here is my explanation when I was infracted:

I'm not sure how I suddenly came up on your radar, but this post was a bit rediculous and I thought possibly a joke. I thought it a bit odd that someone with 20 (or 40, I forget now) posts asks how to get a "hacker" wallpaper, and 2 other questions that belong in the beginner's forum. If this thread had been posted there (beginner's section) I can gurantee my response to it would have been much different. Sorry if my attempt at humor was not as well received, I hope we can see more eye-to-eye in the future.
Thanks,
monstermudder78

Just to clarify super61 has a post count of 42, and has been thanked twice in two posts. I still find his post odd, and find it hard to believe that someone who knows enough to post 42 times and be thanked twice would not know where to find "hacker" wallpaper or would even be asking for such. This post would fit right in in the Beginner's Area, but I found it out of place and worthy of only a humerous response (indicated by the intentional misspelling and gold star) in the Community Cafe. I am asking for reconsideration on the infraction and will accept the decision I am given here.
Thank You,
Monstermudder78

Oldsoldier2003
August 7th, 2008, 04:09 AM
for the Admins:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=881432

matthew
August 7th, 2008, 08:04 PM
After reading through everything, I think the infraction was warranted. There are no circumstances under which I believe treating other users with disrespect is warranted.