PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Laptop with Via processor?

benjo316
August 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I was wondering if there were plans in the future to have notebooks with Via processors(particularly their new Nano processor), as I'm interested in a low power laptop and their new processors seem to be pretty good about power consumption as well as pretty good performers.

thomasaaron
August 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure, but I'll pass your request on to R&D. They like to keep track of what people are asking about.

kevin11951
August 9th, 2008, 05:01 AM
I was wondering if there were plans in the future to have notebooks with Via processors(particularly their new Nano processor), as I'm interested in a low power laptop and their new processors seem to be pretty good about power consumption as well as pretty good performers.

i didnt know there were nano-people in side the via processors?

benjo316
August 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
i didnt know there were nano-people in side the via processors?Yep, and you can see what they do here (http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/processors/nano/).

:twisted:](*,)

Edit: A comparison of the Atom and Nano processors(using a pre-release version of the Nano), here (http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTUzNSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==).

arsenic23
August 9th, 2008, 07:18 PM
If power consumption is what your most concerned about, wouldn't you be better off with an Intel Atom CPU over the VIA Nano ? The 45nm Atom is a bit lighter on power consumption then the VIA ( in the tests that I've seen ).

EDIT:

Edit: A comparison of the Atom and Nano processors(using a pre-release version of the Nano), here.
Hmmm... well thats alot closer then the review I've read. Personally I'd still prefer the Atom though, just because every anything I've ever owned with the word VIA stamped into it has died before the end of its life expectancy. Though if, a year from now, the Nano is getting praise and holding up very well, I'm quite willing to change my mind.

benjo316
August 9th, 2008, 07:39 PM
If power consumption is what your most concerned about, wouldn't you be better off with an Intel Atom CPU over the VIA Nano ? The 45nm Atom is a bit lighter on power consumption then the VIA ( in the tests that I've seen ).
[. . .]
Personally I'd still prefer the Atom though, just because every anything I've ever owned with the word VIA stamped into it has died before the end of its life expectancy. Though if, a year from now, the Nano is getting praise and holding up very well, I'm quite willing to change my mind.Sounds fair enough to me. I'm not a die-hard low-power person; I don't need the lowest consuming processor. I would like one that uses little power and can perform as well(who doesn't like a computer which has performers in it? XD ).