PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Gnome locks up at least once a day

AzrealDarkmoon
August 5th, 2008, 08:37 PM
If not more. Also of note is the fact Firefox 3 is extremely unstable. I removed ff3 then reinstalled it to no avail and it will crash a few times a day.

Often when I quit an application or firefox crashes, the top and bottom toolbars on my desktop becoming unresponsive. The wait cursor pops up stays, I am able to alt+tab into other applications but unable to start them unless I happen to have a terminal open and use the terminal.

7.1 was rock solid the problem only appeared when I upgraded, so I might look into downgrading back to 7 but don't want to go that route if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Qchan
August 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
If not more. Also of note is the fact Firefox 3 is extremely unstable. I removed ff3 then reinstalled it to no avail and it will crash a few times a day.

Often when I quit an application or firefox crashes, the top and bottom toolbars on my desktop becoming unresponsive. The wait cursor pops up stays, I am able to alt+tab into other applications but unable to start them unless I happen to have a terminal open and use the terminal.

7.1 was rock solid the problem only appeared when I upgraded, so I might look into downgrading back to 7 but don't want to go that route if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Is it Gnome that is locking up or is it applications that are locking up?

AzrealDarkmoon
August 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Firefox locks up but the other applications I can alt+tab into fine and use them as normal.

Also of note is that I do use two monitors if that has any bearing.