PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Install Kubuntu desktop now can't leave kdm

sneffers
August 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hi, I recently installed ubuntu on my dell inspiron 530. I thought it was sweet. so then I wanted to see what Kubuntu was like. then I decided to stick with just normal ubuntu so I ran sudo apt-get remove kubuntu-desktop in ubuntu. but now I can't leave kdm because I wasn't thinking and chose that instead of gdm and I want to get back to gdm. and also I don't have the shutdown or restart buttons when I click the log off icon. I have to log out and then click shutdown on the kdm menu.

blazercist
August 5th, 2008, 06:41 PM
you dont have a button called "sessions" at the login screen? if you click that you can click gnome and it will boot into gdm

CharlesTowers
August 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
:confused:How about reinstalling all the important gnome desktop packages? It will be a lot of updates though.

sneffers
August 6th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I tried changing the session but still that didn't work. but I did however fix the problem of logging in by uninstalling kde:KS
but however that's not the end of the problem. it still uses the kubuntu style for my interface which I don't get :( do you think you could help. like it won't change the icon theme either.

sneffers
August 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I really waste ppls precious time. I'm sorry. All is well now...I think. I turned on my computer this morning and everything was fine. it seems this happens every time I create a thread about it. well thanks guys.

sayakb
August 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Please mark this thread as solved.